New To Theaters...
October 28, 2016:
October 21-23, 2016
New to Home Video...
October 25, 2016:
FBI, DCFS CONTINUE TO INVESTIGATE PITT/JOLIE ABUSE CLAIMS
Angelina Jolie and some of her six children were questioned by FBI agents for four hours last week about the incident aboard a private plane last month in which Brad Pitt allegedly became physical with son Maddox.
"The agents wanted a breakdown of everything that happened from when the plane took off to when it landed," says an insider. "They're looking into charges of assault."
- And Jolie "fully cooperated," according to another source. The FBI aren't the only ones digging.
- The Los Angeles County Department of Children & Family Services also continues to look into allegations of abuse after initial interviews suggested other incidents, including interactions between Brad and Angelina witnessed by the kids.
- "Neither side wants this to go to court because everything the FBI and DCFS investigated will potentially be made available to the public," says the insider, "which would be bad for the entire family."
DONALD TRUMP'S STAR ON HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME IS DESTROYED
Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was destroyed by a vandal wielding a sledgehammer and pick-axe on Wednesday in an act captured on video.
Los Angeles police expect to arrest someone for the vandalism, which left Trump's name scratched out of the star, the emblem in the middle dislodged, and chips missing.
- Video showed a man wearing a hard-hat and reflective vest swinging a sledgehammer and pick-axe in the early morning. The area had been cordoned off with traffic barriers and cones, giving it the appearance of a legitimate work site.
- The man identified himself as Jamie Otis. He said he was hoping to remove the star and auction it off to raise money for the women who have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct.
- Police arrived on the scene at 6:15 a.m., but Otis was already gone. An LAPD spokesperson said the department is investigating the incident.
LARSA PIPPEN WAS 'SCARED' OF SCOTTIE DURING DOMESTIC DISPUTE
Larsa Pippen reportedly told cops that she was scared of husband Scottie Pippen during their argument at their home on October 4th. As previously reported, cops were called to Pippen’s Fort Lauderdale home twice this month. Soon after, Scottie filed for divorce. TMZ Sports reported that according to the police report from the second incident, cops arrived to the home in the middle of the day and found Larsa waiting outside of the home.
The report said that Larsa told cops that she and Scottie were having "marital problems" and that "he raises his voice to her, yells at her and scares her." Cops said that they found Scottie inside of the house and he admitted that they had an argument, saying that he was upset and did break the screen on his phone in frustration.
- The NBA legend agreed to leave the house in order to calm things down. Larsa told cops that she would be talking to an attorney. Neither party was arrested.
- There was no allegations of domestic violence, apparently it was just a screaming match, just like it was on the first incident on October 2nd.
- As previously reported, Scottie isn’t too happy with his wife’s alleged relationship with Future, but Larsa said that they are just friends.
DISNEY'S REIMAGINED 'MUPPET BABIES' SERIES SET FOR 2018
Disney is developing a reimagined version of the Muppet Babies cartoon, based around very young versions of Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Animal and Miss Nanny.
Each episode, geared toward kids ages 4 to 7, will feature two 11-minute stories that follow the Muppet Babies on different adventures, such as building a time machine to flying through outer space.
- The CG-animated series is slated to premiere on Disney Junior in early 2018. The original Muppet Babies animated series ran from 1984-1991 so there is the potential for the earlier version's fans, who may have children in the target audience now, to check out the new version for nostalgic reasons.
- "We hope to engage and delight the nostalgic fans while also entertaining new kids, parents and diverse audiences through heart and humor as only the Muppets can deliver," the vice president of The Muppets Studio said in a statement.
KIM KARDASHIAN ATTENDS KANYE WEST SHOW WITH TV CREW IN TOW
Kim Kardashian stepped out for yogurt with friend Jonathan Cheban on Monday and attended husband Kanye West's concert with a Keeping Up With The Kardashians crew in tow on Tuesday.
Her recent outings were among Kim's first back into public life since being robbed on October 3rd. Kardashian has mostly been staying off the radar at her home in Los Angeles and scaling back on social media ever since.
- Now, sources say Kardashian has gradually resumed filming her show over the last few weeks. "She just wants to be with her kids and out of public," says one source. "No one is pressuring her either. She has the best support from her family."
- Another source says Kardashian "is still having a difficult time" after the horrifying incident and "has no desire to resume her old life."
- The entire family is said to have been shaken up by the robbery, cutting back on public appearances and increasing security.
NUDITY COULD RETURN TO PLAYBOY AS HEF'S SON TAKES OVER
Failing health has forced Hugh Hefner to step down as Playboy's chief creative officer and be replaced by his son, Cooper. The 25-year-old was an outspoken critic of the magazine's new no-nudes policy, unveiled in March, and the appointment startled many who worked on the redesign that instead focused on scantily clad women in sexy poses.
Now, rumors are swirling that Cooper wants return to fully nude women next year — but that the magazine's majority owner doesn't as they pursue branding and merchandising deals that were out of reach for a nude magazine.
- Cooper, through a spokesman, said the matter is still on his mind: "There has been no change of heart, and I continue to be well aware of what has made Playboy so remarkably special," he said.
- So, will nudity return? Perhaps. And if it does, it could still be a while. "There are currently no plans to change the nudity levels in the magazine," a company spokesman said.
WHY DID LESLIE JONES GET DRAGGED ON TWITTER?
Leslie Jones was dragged on Twitter yesterday (October 26th) for what some thought was a transphobic tweet. She tweeted on Tuesday night (October 25th), "Yo I’m gonna say this nice as I can! Tired of man b*tches! Please dispose of your uterus!! We are in need of real men! I want a caveman! Lol."
When a fan called her out for her tweet, saying, "I think your Twitter account must have been hacked because I doubt you hate trans men like that tweet suggests," Leslie responded, "dude that had nothing to do with trans.It has to do with the bitches I'm meeting. Get over yourself. Everything ain't a statement."
- @connerk: "@Lesdoggg I didn't call you mean, but you don't have to intend harm to do harm. ‘Real man’ talk is triggering to some."
- @SportScribeCA: "Hey @Lesdoggg, most folks were thoughtfully explaining why your tweet was offensive. Their points were valid, even if ur offense unintended."
- Leslie responded: "and explained it wasn't like that. I'm a fucking comic. I was talking about the men I meet. Good grief!"
- Meanwhile, @TwoShowDays tweeted, "Y'all, @Lesdoggg can be awesome & also wrong about how harmful her joke was to trans men & nonmasculine men. We want to educate, not attack."
- Leslie eventually deleted the tweet.
PATTON OSWALT OPENS UP ABOUT HIS WIFE'S DEATH: Patton Oswalt has recounted the terrible day he found his wife, Michelle McNamara, dead, and speculates that the cause of death may have been an overdose. In an interview with The New York Times, the 47-year-old comic says his crime-writer wife was working long days and nights to solve a serial killer case. Oswalt suggested she take a night to really get some sleep. On April 21, she took Xanax, and never woke up. Since then, Oswalt says he has been grief-stricken, and admitted to going through a period of self-medication through drinking.
MAN ARRESTED OUTSIDE MIRANDA KERR'S HOME CHARGED WITH MURDER: The Australian man charged in an attack on a security guard outside supermodel Miranda Kerr's home has been charged with attempted murder, aggravated mayhem and assault with a deadly weapon. Shaun Anthony Haywood faces life in prison If convicted.
TOM HANKS WANTS IN ON SPLASH REMAKE: Channing Tatum is doing a gender-swapping remake of his 1984 mermaid rom-com Splash, and main man Tom Hanks has some ideas. Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are developing the film, with Tatum starring as the mer-man (originally played by Daryl Hannah). Hanks, who played her love interest Allen Bauer says of the project: "Look, I think if they were really going to be bold, I would come back as Allen Bauer, and I would go off with Channing Tatum. That would be a bold movie. And I am suggesting it right now."
BEN AFFLECK BUSTS OUT BOSTON ACCENT IN VOTING PSA: The 11 swing states are seeing a lot of action as Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump both try to turn out the vote. Ben Affleck donned his best Boston accent to urge New Englanders to vote: "I'm from Boston, and Boston is in New England which means that New Hampshire is just like my kid brother. You know what I mean?" The potty-mouthed PSA is for NextGen Climate & Funny or Die's Everyone Votes Campaign. Check it out, below.
AMBER TAMBLYN, DAVID CROSS TO WELCOME DAUGHTER TOGETHER: The Sister of the Traveling Pants actress and her husband, Arrested Development actor David Cross are having a girl! Amber penned an essay for Glamour sharing the news and her thoughts on motherhood. She also addressed how her traumatizing experience of sexual assault has helped shape who she is as a woman, and who she will be, as a mom: "Is it possible to protect her from inheriting this pain? How much do I have to do, as a daughter and a soon-to-be mother, to change not just the conversation about how women are seen, but the language with which conversations are spoken in?"
NEWLY SINGLE ANTHONY BOURDAIN SAYS WORK COST HIM HIS MARRIAGE: Anthony Bourdain travels 250 days a year for work (including his CNN show Parts Unknown), meaning he just isn't putting in the face time many families require to succeed. Bourdain sat down with People to discuss the pros and cons of his crazy lifestyle: "I have the best job in the world and I'm very grateful for that. And I don't plan on walking away from that any time soon, I can assure you – but it comes at a cost."
AMC PICKS UP LOADED: AMC is partnering with Channel 4 on the upcoming eight-episode comedic drama Loaded. An English-language version of the Keshet International award-winning series Musudarim, Loaded will feature Jim Howick (The Aliens), Samuel Anderson (Doctor Who), Jonny Sweet (Babylon), Nick Helm (Uncle) and Mary McCormick, who will star. Loaded will premiere on AMC in 2017.
ANTI-ISIS FIGHTERS DOCUMENTARY IN THE WORKS: Christopher Livesay and Stephen Buchanan are working on March to La Mancha, a documentary about former U.S. servicemen who have joined a shadow war of unpaid volunteers to take on ISIS, Variety reports. Glen Zipper (the Academy Award winning Undefeated) and Kevin Iwashina (Jiro Dreams of Sushi) are advising and will executive produce. The filming has been done in Iraq, Syria and the U.S.
MATTHEW WEINER HAS A NEW SHOW: Mad Men's Matthew Weiner is returning to TV to create, write and direct an eight-episode project for Amazon. Weinstein Company will produce. The series is a "contemporary anthology set in multiple locations worldwide," Deadline reports. Other available details at this stage are scant.
LIN OEDING SET TO DIRECT OFFICE UPRISING: Lin Oeding, best known for his action design and stunt credits in Ant-Man, The Equalizer and Inception, will helm Office Uprising. Brenton Thwaites (Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales), Jane Levy (Don’t Breathe) and Ian Harding (Pretty Little Liars) star.
SHAWN LEVY TO DIRECT UNCHARTED ADAPTATION: Sony's adaptation of the video game Uncharted has seen Seth Gordon, David O. Russell and Neil Burger in the directing seat. Now, Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum) is directing. The video game centers on a treasure hunter named Nate Drake, a descendent of Sir Francis Drake, and explorer.