New To Theaters...
April 29, 2016:
April 22-24 2016
New to Home Video...
April 26, 2106:
JUDGE CONFIRMS PRINCE HAD NO WILL
A judge has determined that Prince died without a will. TMZ has obtained legal docs from a hearing that was held yesterday (April 27th) in Minnesota. Earlier this week, Prince's sister Tyka filed papers to start probate proceedings, stating that she didn't believe her brother had a will. The judge agreed and ruled that the musician's assets will be distributed to his heirs, which in the case are his six siblings.
The judge appointed Bremer Trust to serve as the administrator of Prince's estate, which the site reported is worth around $150 million. The judge is making the trust the administrator for up to six months, until a personal representative can be appointed.
- Prince's half-brother Omarr Baker appeared at the hearing.
MORE SPECULATION ABOUT PRINCE'S DEATH
Meanwhile, TMZ also reported that Prince was in such bad shape when his jet made an emergency landing six days before his death that he had to be carried off the plane by his bodyguard. He was then put into an ambulance, which transported him to the hospital, accompanied by a firetruck.
And although Prince's camp claimed that he was suffering from the flu, sources told the site that the musician was actually suffering from a life threatening Percocet overdose. It is being reported that the musician was allegedly addicted to Percocet for years. He was prescribed the painkiller in 2009 when he was suffering from hip problems. He had corrective surgery in the 2010, but by then he was allegedly addicted to the drug.
In addition to TMZ's report, CNN reported last night (April 27th) that authorities who are investigating Prince's death found prescription opioid medication on his person and in his Minnesota home. The pills are commonly used to treat pain. The officials also confirmed TMZ's story that Prince was treated for a potential overdose of pain medication when his jet made the emergency landing.
- Prince was 57 when he died last week in his Minneapolis home.
Page Six is reporting that the Organic Consumers Association is suing the company because their Organic Infant Formula isn't actually organic. The court documents read, "Of the 40 ingredients...more than a quarter are synthetic substances that are not allowed in organic products...some are federally regulated as hazardous compounds. At least one of these ingredients is irradiated...some have not been assessed as safe for human foods, much less for infant formulas."
- Honest has not responded.
- The company was also called out by The Wall Street Journal back in March for using hazardous ingredients in their detergent.
- They were also sued last year for $5 million for mislabeling several of their products including dish soap and diapers. Jessica addressed the suit in a statement last September saying, "We believe that consumers deserve to know what's in their products...whether it's diapers for their children, cleaning products for their families or beauty products for themselves...Our formulations are made with integrity and strict standards of safety, and we label each ingredient that goes into every product...not because we have to, but because it's the right thing to do. The allegations against us are baseless and without merit. We strongly stand behind our products and the responsibility we have to our consumers. We are steadfast in our commitment to transparency and openness...I know my children, Honor and Haven, are growing up in a safer home because of our products."
She was photographed grabbing dinner with DJ Alex Andre in West Hollywood on Tuesday night (April 26th.) Sources tell People magazine that they are dating and one witness revealed, "There were no specific signs of PDA but they were lightly holding hands at the dinner table."
- Zac and Sam dated for nearly two years. A source discussed the breakup with E! News saying, "They did not have the same feelings for each other as they did when they first started dating. It wasn't an easy breakup. Distance and work schedules got in the way with their relationship and Zac wanted to focus on his career."
- Zac is believed to be the one who ended things.
The Today show anchor revealed her advice on Fox411 saying, "Be totally professional. I would keep anything that is going on between you private. It's nobody's business but yours. But always, always be professional at your job. That's what you're hired to do."
- Meanwhiel, it was business as usual on Wednesday's (April 27th) episode of Live! even though it was revealed the day before that Michael would be exiting the show four months before starting full-time at Good Morning America. He and Kelly walked onto the set holding hands but made no mention of his departure.
- Kathie Lee worked alongside Regis Philbin on Live! for 15 years. Kelly took over her chair in 2001.
- Regis also recently weighed in on the drama telling TMZ, "Strahan's great. He was great on the New York Giants, he was great on our show. He's doing a lot of stuff. He's a real pro. They're going to be all right. It'll be fine." He said in an interview last year that he hasn't spoken to Kelly since he exited the show in 2011.
- Us Weekly is reporting that Kelly is considering quitting if she doesn't agree with who ABC chooses as her new co-host. The network is supposedly looking at Jerry O'Connell but Kelly is pushing for her friends Andy Cohen or Anderson Cooper. All three have appeared on the show in the past but neither Andy nor Anderson has expressed interest in making it a full-time job.
BRISTOL PALIN SETTLES CUSTODY BATTLE WITH DAKOTA MEYER
Bristol Palin has called a truce in her custody battle with Dakota Meyer. According to Radar Online, Bristol and Dakota filed court documents in Alaska last Wednesday (April 20th) informing the judge that they have "reached a custody and parenting agreement in mediation" in regards to their daughter, Sailor.
The documents said, "The parties agree that it is not in the best interests of their daughter for the terms of their agreement to be publicly disclosed."
- Palin and Meyer have been in a custody battle since their daughter was born on December 23rd, 2015.
She explains in a new interview with the New York Times, "It's not my job to adjudicate his behavior. He's certainly not sexist and certainly not racist. I know the guy I know, somebody who's really emotional, who I can have long, long conversations with, who's trustworthy, who shows up for me."
- Jodie has defend Mel in the past. She told USA Today following his arrest, "Is he an anti-Semite? Absolutely not. But it's no secret that he has always fought a terrible battle with alcoholism. Mel was a shining example of how low you can go when you are young and still pull yourself up. He took his recovery very seriously, which is why I know he is strong enough to get through this now."
- Mel and Jodie became friends after working on the movie Maverick in 1994.
VANESSA HUDGENS OPENS UP ABOUT HER DAD'S DEATH: Vanessa Hudgens' family is still recovering from the death of her dad Greg back in January. She explains in the new issue of People, "She's so strong through the hardest of times. But she has this lightheartedness and this light that just beams out of her very being and it's so special. Life is about perspective. The way you choose to see your life is the way your life is going to become." Vanessa goes on to say, "There are highs and there are lows. It sucks, but death happens. It never makes it easier but it happens to all of us. It's just something we have to get through until we all meet again in heaven." Vanessa's father died from cancer a day before she performed on Fox's Grease: Live.
FORMER 'BACHELORETTE' STAR PREGNANT WITH FIRST CHILD: Bachelorette star Desiree Hartsock is pregnant. She and husband Chris Siegfried are expecting their first child together. They married in January 2015 after getting engaged on the season nine finale of The Bachelorette.
REBECCA ROMIJN DENIES THROWING SHADE AT KENDALL JENNER AND GIGI HADID: Rebecca Romijn insists that she was not referring to Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid when discussing models today who just have a lot of social media followers. She tweeted on Wednesday (April 27th,) "hey @kendalljenner @gigihadid don’t believe the #clickbait. Never talked smack about you. Both amazing & beautiful." Rebecca's husband, Jerry O'Connell, responded to her tweet, "I am model too! @rebeccaromijn Apologize to me!"
GISELE BUNDCHEN RECALLS BEING REJECTED AS A YOUNG MODEL: Gisele Bündchen wasn't always a sought after model. She recently revealed to People that she had difficulty landing gigs when she was first starting out in Brazil in 1995. Gisele said, "I remember some people telling me my nose was too big or my eyes were too small, that I could never be on a magazine cover. It wasn't easy to be 14 and hear that kind of criticism. It made me feel insecure." She added, "I told my dad, and he said, 'Next time, tell them, I have a big nose and that comes with a big personality.' At that point I felt, if I kept working hard and giving my best, it would all work out."
'REAL WORLD' STAR FACES JAIL TIME FOR FAILING TO APPEAR IN COURT: Real World: Skeletons star Tony Raines is in a lot of trouble after failing to appear in court in South Carolina this week for his public drinking arrest from March. The judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest after he and his lawyer never showed up for their court date. Tony now faces up to 15 days in jail and a $262 fine.
WILL FERRELL WILL PLAY RONALD REAGAN: Will Ferrell will be playing former President Ronald Reagan in a new movie. The story is about Reagen falling ill with dementia at the start of his second term and the intern who must convince him that he is actually just an actor playing the president in a movie. The script was written by Mike Rosolio and will be produced under Will's company, Gary Sanchez Productions.
NETFLIX ANNOUNCES ANOTHER 'WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER' SEASON: Netflix has announced a new season of Wet Hot American Summer called Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later. The eight-episode season will premiere in 2017. The new season will be set 10 years after the original movie which was set in the summer of 1981. There was a scene in the film where all of the characters agree to meet up on the same day 10 years in the future to see how they turn out.
BRAVO RENEWS 14 SHOWS: Bravo announced new seasons for Real Housewives of Orange County, Beverly Hills and Atlanta. The network also renewed Manzo'd with Children, Flipping Out, Don't Be Tardy, Married to Medicine Atlanta, Below Deck, Ladies of London, Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles, Vanderpump Rules and more. They are also developing six new unscripted series.
NBC'S HAIRSPRAY LIVE ADDS DEREK HOUGH AND MARTIN SHORT: NBC has announced that Derek Hough and Martin Short have been added to the cast of Hairspray Live! Derek will be playing TV host Corny Collins. Martin will play Wilbur Turnblad. The roles were played by James Marsden and Christopher Walken in the 2007 film.
FOX GREENLIGHTS '24' SPIN-OFF AND LEE DANIELS SERIES: Fox is officially moving forward with a new 24 spin-off called 24: Legacy and a new series by Empire's Lee Daniels. 24: Legacy stars Corey Hawkins as a military hero who returns home to the U.S. to find that trouble has followed him back. Star is set in Atlanta and follows the formation of a girl group. That show will feature Jude Demorest, Ryan Destiny and Brittany O'Grady -- all newcomers who landed their roles after a national casting call.
IS SARA RAMIREZ FINISHED WITH 'GREY'S ANATOMY'?: Looks like Sara Ramirez may be done with Grey's Anatomy. The actress tweeted, "That's a wrap for Doctor #CallieTorres #Season13 #GreysAnatomy #ThankYou all for an enriching & unforgettable #Rollercoaster ride!" A production coordinator/production manager for the show also tweeted, "We will miss Dr #CallieTorres!! There are no other words. #sad #GreysAnatomy"
KIM KARDASHIAN HAS ALMOST ACHIEVED HER PRE-BABY WEIGHT
Mission accomplished! Kim Kardashian took to Snapchat on Wednesday (April 27th) to reveal that she only five pounds away from getting her pre-baby body back.
The photo showed Kim on her scale which read 139.6 pounds. Kim captioned the photo, "YOU GUYS!!!!! PRE BABY WEIGHT WAS 135!!!!!" She has lost nearly fifty pounds since Saint West was born in December.
- Kim has been documenting her weight loss attempt on social media with workout selfies and pictures of her meals.
- She has been doing the Atkins Diet since January.