New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (4/21):
BRITNEY SPEARS SLAMS FAN DURING VEGAS SHOW
Britney Spears clapped back at a hating concertgoer during her show in Vegas earlier this week. According to Gossip Cop, Britney had some choice words for a couple of hecklers who called her a "fat b*tch." Apparently, the "Toxic" singer was near the end of her show when people in the crowd started bad-mouthing her. In the footage that has surfaced the net, Britney is heard saying "f*cking a**hole" with her back to the audience.
- As previously reported, Britney currently has a residency called Piece of Me in Vegas at the AXIS auditorium inside the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino.
CHRIS BROWN POSTS FIRST PIC WITH DAUGHTER ROYALTY
Last night (April 16th), Chris Brown posted his first photo of his ten-month-old daughter Royalty. The singer captioned in the photo, "God has blessed me with my twin. #ROYALTY." In the pic, the two are are chilling in matching burgundy sweats. Brown also posted another photo of the baby girl, with her head down.
- Last month, TMZ broke the news that Chris was the father of the baby girl. Royalty's mom is 31-year-old Nia Guzman, a woman that he has known for years. They are reportedly on good terms.
HEARING FOR NICKI MINAJ'S LATE TOUR MANAGER DELAYED
Billboard has reported that the hearing for Nicki Minaj's road manager's murder has been delayed. A judge in the case decided on Wednesday (April 15th) to continue Pierce Boykin's preliminary hearing until April 28th. The judge will then determine if there is enough evidence for the case to go to trial.
Meanwhile, although Nicki hasn't confirmed or denied if she is really engaged to Meek Mill, Mediatakeout has reported that the two are definitely engaged and it is because she is pregnant. They later deleted the story.
- In other Nicki and Meek news, a source has revealed how Meek decided to propose to Nicki. The insider told E! News, "The way this went down was more personal and private between them. The wedding will likely happen sooner rather than later, it's just how their relationship has been going. Nicki has been waiting for this special day for some time and Meek wants to make it perfect and a fairy tale come true for her. This is such an exciting time in her life."
JENNIFER LOPEZ WILL HONOR SELENA AT THE BILLBOARD LATIN MUSIC AWARDS
Jennifer Lopez will be honoring Selena Quintanilla at the Billboard Latin Music Awards. J.Lo spoke of the tribute to Billboard, saying, "People like that don't come along every day. There is never going to be another Selena. The grace with which she handled the business, the grace with which she handled her life, the humor. Her spirit of loving what she did. Her sense of family."
- She added, "That's the tragedy of everything that happened and why she left such an imprint -- because she was gone way too soon."
KANYE WEST COVERS TIME'S 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE ISSUE
Kanye West is on the cover of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World issue. The rapper was chosen, along with actor Bradley Cooper, ballet dancer Misty Copeland, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Univision news anchor Jorge Ramos.
Kanye told the magazine, "Everytime I say something that’s extremely truthful out loud, it literally breaks the Internet. I don’t care about having a legacy, I don’t care about being remembered. The most important thing to me is while I’m here, what can we do for each other to make life easier, make life doper for our kids as they grow?"
- He also talked about his mom inspiring his creativity by buying him an Omega computer game, which taught him how to produce in the seventh grade. He said, "My mother made me believe in me. My parents just let me dream. They supported me. They pushed me. They didn’t set me up to be inside of a box."
DID RIHANNA CANCEL HER TOUR WITH KANYE?
In other news, rumor has it that Kanye and Rihanna are not going out on their joint tour this year. A source told OK Magazine that Rihanna started having second thoughts about the tour after the news 'accidently' leaked back in February by DONDA. The source added that RiRi " didn’t like how it was announced and felt like Kanye would take control over how the tour was promoted too. She didn’t want to be a part of it."
- The insider said that Rihanna will probably go on tour solo because "she doesn't need Kanye." The source added that Kim Kardashian is another reason why she has chosen not to go on the road with Kanye, saying, "She didn’t want Kim to interfere with her work or her image. She’s worried that everyone thinks he’s a joke and he’d ruin her brand."
AMY WINEHOUSE DOCUMENTARY GETS SPECIAL SCREENING AT CANNES FILM FESTIVAL
Amy Winehouse's documentary will be played at this year's Cannes Film Festival. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Asif Kapadia's -- who directed the film, doc on the late singer will get a Midnight Screening at the festival. Festival organizers have also said that the film will be shown alongside a "musical accompaniment" by Winehouse's label, Universal records.
- Amy is set to be released in the U.K. on July 3rd.
CODY SIMPSON LIKES TO SPARK UP
Cody Simpson has revealed that he smokes marijuana. The singer uploaded a photo earlier this week, showcasing a number of joints with a palm tree and an ocean wave drawn on it. Simpson immediately deleted the pic and then posted photos of him in the studio.
- One fan tweeted Cody, saying, "DON'T SMOKE WEED!!!!!"
JAY Z RELEASES EXCLUSIVE VIDEO FOR TIDAL
Jay Z has released a visual for his record "Glory" on his new streaming site Tidal. In the video, Hov takes viewers back to his Carnegie Hall live orchestral rehearsal session from back in 2012. Jay played two benefit shows at Carnegie for the Shawn Carter Foundation.
- The record is dedicated to Jay's daughter Blue Ivy and the clip features photos of her and several of his friends in the industry.
BEYONCE WILL BE FEATURED ON DRAKE'S ALBUM: Rap-up has reported that Beyonce will be featured on Drake's upcoming album Views from the 6. Writer Ernest Baker followed the rapper for a week prior to Coachella. He said, "The topic of our talk switches to Drake’s upcoming fourth album. He only has two songs finished that he likes. One is a collaboration with Beyoncé that he recorded a while ago. The other is a song that he expects to inspire a paradigm shift. His days of releasing lay-up bangers that everyone loves right away are over. For now, at least." The writer added, "Views From The 6 needs to shock listeners just as much as it needs to impress them. I compare it to what Kanye did on his own fourth album, 808s & Heartbreak. Drake agrees, and as if to reinforce that notion, he tells me that that Boi-1da said he needs to listen to the non-Beyoncé song a few more times before he can decide whether it’s good or not. It appears that Drake is ready to deviate from his winning formula and get a little weird."
LEONA LEWIS SIGNS DEAL WITH DEF JAM: Leona Lewis has signed a new deal with Def Jam. The singer announced the news on Instagram by posting a photo wearing a jacket with Def Jam's name on the back. According to That Grape Juice, Lewis has signed a four-album deal with Universal Music -- which houses Def Jam and Island Def Jam.
MILEY CYRUS DOES IMPROMPTU NSFW PHOTO SHOOT: Miley Cyrus did an impromptu NSFW photo shoot with Scout Willis and posted the shots on Instagram. In one of the pics, Miley and her friend Mert Alas were photographed supporting the #FreeTheNipple campaign. In another photo, Miley is in a bathroom, posing in the mirror with her blouse pulled back, exposing her nipple.