New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (10/21):
REPORT: JAY Z AND BEYONCE RENEW THEIR WEDDING VOWS
Reports say that Jay Z and Beyonce have renewed their wedding vows. A few months back, there were rumors that the couple was headed towards divorce. According to People, a source said about the couple, "They did have major problems. But they worked it out and they’ve renewed their vows." A source said that the two worked it out "for their reputations and for (their two-year-old daughter Blue Ivy)."
Meanwhile, according to US Weekly, the two are currently looking to buy a home in Paris -- and plan to retire there eventually. Paris is where they got engaged and where their daughter Blue was conceived. A source said, "They want to buy a place in Paris because they have so many memories there and they want to be able to be there more often," and insider tells Us. "They plan on retiring in Paris eventually."
- The source continued, "They've said they want Blue to learn French. Paris is their city. They've always loved it."
- They two have been married for six years. They are rumored to be working on a joint album.
NICKI MINAJ BACK ON THE MARKET?
Has Nicki Minaj parted ways with her longtime boyfriend Safaree Samuels? TMZ has reported that Nicki broke ties with Safaree because he became uncontrollably jealous of her success and wanted some success for himself. Apparently, Nicki and Safaree had an arrangement where she was the provider and he was supposed to be the hype man/personal assistant. However, Safaree wasn't happy with this arrangement.
In turn, the two became hostile towards one another. The "final straw" was when Safaree reportedly didn't show up to one of Nicki's shows, forcing her to search for a hype man at the last minute.
- Meanwhile, photos have surfaced of a shirtless Safaree revealing that he has covered the tattoo of Nicki's face and name that he had on his chest.
REPORT: RIHANNA RELEASING A SURPRISE ALBUM
Rumor has it that Rihanna may be releasing her next album Beyonce-style. According to VIBE, RiRi has been in the studio working on her eighth album which is rumored to be titled R8. Reports have said that Ri has yet to unveil the release date of her upcoming album because she plans to surprise fans and drop it some time next month.
- The album is rumored to feature collabs from Ester Dean, Nicki Minaj and Drake.
S Club 7 has announced their plans to reunite next month. According to Us Weekly, the group will hit the stage after a long-awaited reunion to raise funds for charity. S Club will be performing at the BBC's Children in Need benefit show.
The band said in a statement, "This is going to be the mega S Club party of all time. We're massive fans of BBC Children in Need and it was great to be able to support the charity all those years ago. We're really looking forward to bringing it all back for Pudsey, for BBC Children In Need and for all our fans who have been so great over the years."
- S Club's reunion will take place on Friday, November 14th.
Tyga kept it all the way real in a recent interview, revealing that he doesn't really get along with his YMCMB labelmates Drake and Nicki Minaj. As previously reported, last week, the rapper took to Twitter to vent his frustrations about the label and threatened to leak his upcoming Gold Album if YMCMB didn't give him a release date.
In an interview with VIBE, when asked if the label was a part of the creative process of his new album, he said, "Nah. I tend to distance myself from them." Tyga added that he wants to go independent.
He then revealed, "I don’t really get along with Drake. I don’t really get along with Nicki. I don’t like Drake as a person. He’s just fake to me. I like his music; you know what I’m saying? I think his music is good, but we’re all different people. We were forced together and it was kinda’ like we were forcing relationships together. It is what it is."
- Tyga added that Chris Brown is someone that he would consider a real friend outside of the music industry. He then said about his labelmates, "At the end of the day the reason why I signed to Young Money is because of Wayne. Not because of Drake, not because of Nicki. I try to be cool with everybody, but sometimes, everybody just has different personalities, motives, and different characters. When you realize that, you realize that’s not a place where you want to continue to grow."
TYGA TALKS BLAC CHYNA
He also spoke on his recent split with Blac Chyna, saying, "I read something that said I kicked my baby’s mother out the house. That’s not true. We had our differences, yes. But we decided to take a break and do what’s best for King at this moment." He continued, "We decided to take a break apart ‘cause you don’t wanna raise an emotionally unstable child, and that’s what it comes down to. It wasn’t my happiness, and it wasn’t her happiness. It was for the sake of King."
On the possibility of them getting back together, he said, "I mean, of course I love her. I had a kid with her for a reason. We were together for two years, but sometimes people need to see what life really is without the other person. They need to experience life without Prince Charming and really learn responsibility. You can’t change a person."
- He continued, "I think Black Chyna is improving a lot. She’s becoming more focused on her business. Because it’s hard, when you’re sitting there…I’m on tour, you’re thinking about if I’m with girls or not when the main thing is like, 'Yo, I’m on tour making money, while you’re living in this big a** house, taking care of our beautiful son.' That’s the goal. A lot of women don’t realize this. They watch like… Love & Hip Hop. A lot of women watch that stuff and it just takes them off the focus of what they think happiness is. As you get older the main goal is to have a family."
TYGA ON KYLIE JENNER
On his relationship with 17-year-old Kylie Jenner, he said, "See the thing about Kylie… I’ve known Kylie and the whole family for four years. I introduced Chyna to Kim about a year ago. So everybody’s been cool, but like it’s just so hard, their world is different. If somebody wanna hang out, cool, I’m not opposed to hanging out with somebody. I hang out with her Kylie, her sister Kendall, I hang out with Scott Disick sometimes, I hang out with Khloe sometimes. But people wanna take the situation with Kylie to the next level."
DOES KESHA HAVE A SONG ABOUT HER AND DR. LUKE'S RELATIONSHIP?
Reports have surfaced claiming that a record Kesha made back in 2010 may be about her reported relationship with producer Dr. Luke. As previously reported, Kesha filed a lawsuit against the producer claiming that she was sexually and physically abused by him. In the song, she sings, "I was a fresh 18 (I’m bein’ such a good girl) You call me while I sleep (Get into my world) You’re makin’ me phat beats (Oh God look at him) You’re sayin’ that you think I got star quality."
- Although it has not been confirmed whether or not these lyrics are fictional, according to reports, they have a striking resemblance to the accusations Kesha made against Dr. Luke in her lawsuit.
JENNIFER LOPEZ CASHES OUT ON A NEW PENTHOUSE
Jennifer Lopez has cashed out $22 million on a penthouse in NYC. According to Rumor Fix, J.Lo's 6,250 square foot pad has four bedrooms, six-and-a-half bathrooms and a 3,000 square foot outdoor space across two levels. The abode also includes a terrace, a croquet pitch, a landscaped roof deck and a putting green.
J.Lo's building only has four apartments and will be neighboring Chelsea Clinton and NASCAR champ Jeff Gordon.
- Meanwhile, rumors previously surfaced that Jennifer was considering a residency in Las Vegas. According to TMZ -- who obtained the contract, J.Lo is being offered $350,000 per show to perform at The Axis at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. Her contract consists of 72 shows, three times a week for 24 weeks over a one-or-two-year period. In total, J.Lo will earn $26,383,326 from the residency.
KANYE WEST WISHES KIM K A HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Kanye West appeared on Twitter to wish his wife Kim Kardashian West a happy birthday earlier this week. Ye tweeted, "Sometimes I feel like just saying I love you isn't strong enough to express how much I love you... Happy Birthday baby! Thank you for being the dopest wife & mom!"
JORDIN SPARKS GETS A NEW PIERCING: Just weeks after her breakup with Jason Derulo, Jordin Sparks has debuted a new piercing. The singer uploaded a black and white selfie to Instagram, showing off her new septum piercing.
JUSTIN BIEBER POSTS BUBBLE BATH SELFIE: Justin Bieber posted a bathroom selfie on Instagram, showing off his bare chest and jewels. Biebz also wore a bubble goatee.
JESSIE J DEBUTS IN THE TOP 10: Jessie J's latest album Sweet Talker has debuted in the top 10 on the Billboard 200. The album came in at number 9, selling 22,000 units.
TAYLOR SWIFT LANDS AT NUMBER ONE ON ITUNES IN CANADA: An audio clip from Taylor Swift's upcoming album 1989 was accidentally made available in Canada. However, although fans only received eight seconds of static and the track still landed at number one on the iTunes top singles chart in Canada.
WOULD ANDRE 3000 EVER PERFORM ANY JIMI HENDRIX SONGS ONSTAGE?: During an interview with VIBE, Andre 3000 revealed whether he would ever perform any Jimi Hendrix songs on stage. He said, "I can’t say that I would ever do any Hendrix onstage. I wouldn’t want to mess up any of his music. If you are going to do Hendrix onstage it’s not just about singing." He added, "If I perform Hendrix songs onstage I would have to play guitar. Just going out there and singing lyrics is not cool. So I’ll probably leave playing Hendrix songs onstage alone."
PHARRELL TO STAR IN NEW MOVIE FOR CHANEL: According to WWD, Pharrell is set to star in a film for Chanel's Pre-Fall show. The musician will star alongside Cara Delevinge and Hudson Kroenig in the Karl Largerfeld directed film. The film was shot last week in a Paris studio and will be shown in conjunction with Chanel's runway show in Austria on December 2nd.
IGGY AZALEA AND BOYFRIEND NICK YOUNG ARE THE NEW FACES OF 'FOREVER 21': Iggy Azalea and boyfriend NBA star Nick Young are the new faces of Forever 21's holiday campaign. In an interview with People, Iggy spoke on doing her first national campaign with her man, saying, "As the hours rolled by I think Nick started to realize photo shoots are hard work too. It was funny watching him have that revelation!" Young added, "It was real cool. We had great chemistry."