New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (9/30):
TAYLOR SWIFT SUED BY CHAUFFEUR COMPANY
Taylor Swift is being named in a lawsuit by a chauffeur company in New York which was reportedly contracted to drive the superstar and her people around the city this summer. APG Security claims that they entered into a contract with Firefly Entertainment on June 10th, complying with Taylor's company to lease two additional SUVs at a rate of more than $2000/per month, which Firefly allegedly guaranteed to pay. The NY Daily News reports that APG also followed strict guidelines on when they could speak to the superstar.
All seemed to be going well until July 22nd when Firefly abruptly terminated the contract and refused to pay their bills. APG is seeking unspecified damages for breach of contract and they want Firefly to pay for the remainder of the SUV leases.
Taylor's company has yet to comment on the situation.
DID WIZ KHALIFA RELEASE A STATEMENT ON HIS DIVORCE FROM AMBER ROSE?
There was a statement circulating on Twitter this past weekend, allegedly from Wiz Khalifa regarding his divorce from Amber Rose. As previously reported, Amber filed last week, citing irreconcilable differences. Wiz reportedly moved out of their house two weeks before Amber filed, and one day Amber popped up at 2 am and found another woman.
The statement circulating read, "Ain't nobody give a damn about a h*e. The day before she filed the divorce, she showed up at my house at 2 AM and found me in bed with another girl. We were already broken up, she's just a media wh*re seeking for a few minutes of fame."
- He continued, "These h*es ain't loyal man. I know she banged Nick (Cannon), but I couldn't care less. I agree to the prenup, I'll give her some money, but she ain't keeping me away from my son."
- So, is the statement real? According to Bossip, the statement is a fake.
LADY GAGA GUSHES OVER KELLY CLARKSON'S DAUGHTER
Lady Gaga has asked to borrow Kelly Clarkson's daughter's baby bib. Kelly tweeted a picture of her daughter -- River Rose, wearing a colorful bib and pink sunglasses, saying, "Watch out Lady Gaga!! River Rose is on the scene!!"
- Gaga tweeted back and said, "Oh my miss River Rose is givin' me a run for my money!! Look at those shoulders, like Grace Jones! Can I borrow that bib?"
Nicki Minaj's ex manager Big Fendi -- who is now managing Lil Kim, revealed that Nicki only offered him a $15,000 finder's fee when she signed to Young Money. He explained how things went south between he and Nicki, saying, "Nicki’s a groupie. Nicki started with me in 06-07. I met her on MySpace. I changed her name to Nicki Minaj. We started off like that. She’s actually still signed to my production company which is Dirty Money. I got the Young Money deal in like 70 days. When I got the contract Nicki started ducking me. Wayne gave me one of those Cash Money deals from the 80s…no royalties on it, no advance. I told Nicki I wasn’t going to let her do that to herself. She started crying. Nicki might have a better contract now, through all her grouping she found her way."
- Fendi says that after Nicki signed the contract, that is when her boyfriend Safari -- whom he says is "gay," because he let's Nicki walk all over him, called him to tell him that she was going to give him a finder’s fee. He explained, "He hit me up telling me Nicki wanted to send him some money. I was excited. When she called me up I thought we was about to get right. . . . I got a phone call from her accountant a month later and she said Nicki wanted to wire you some money. She was like $15,000. My feelings was hurt. I was like ‘y’all can’t be serious’ How do you create an image, put it together, bring it to life. I put her with Young Money, I did everything and she offers me $15K? . . . But she’s been ducking me ever since. That was in '08"
RUMOR: ONE DIRECTION LEAKING THEIR NEW ALBUM?
Rumor has it that One Direction leaked their upcoming album Four. The trending topic "#FourGotLeaked" spread throughout Twitter yesterday (September 29th) after an unidentified user posted a photoshopped tweet that reportedly came from Liam Payne's page announcing the leak. The tweet said, "Gunna leak the album in four minutes."
- According to Gossip Cop, the album was not leaked and the tweet was false.
CHRIS BROWN ADDRESSES FOUNDER OF 'TMZ'
Chris Brown has addressed Harvey Levin -- the found of TMZ, and a story that was written about him shoving a woman at a nightclub in Houston this past weekend. According to reports, as Chris was exiting the club with his girlfriend Karrueche Tran, a fan tried to kiss him on the cheek and he shoved her aside. Chris spoke of Levin and said, "What the devil looks like in person. Lol. You sad little man. You’ve been trying for years to destroy me. It won’t work. Your efforts are flattering. When you look back on your life when it’s that time for you to depart, what can u actually say you’ve accomplished in life? Bringing people down and being the number one source for negativity. Life’s too short homie. Find some sort of happiness. You are a grown as* man. God bless you bruh."
The post has since been deleted.
- In other news, Breezy has spoken out about his gang affiliation. During a recent interview with Sway Calloway, he said, "When you’re in LA and you’re around people, you meet everybody -- you meet Crips, you meet Bloods, especially in this industry that I’m in. I’m not in the Country world. I’m not in the all-the-way Pop world. You in Hip Hop and R&B and all of that meshes together, especially when you’re in these events or these places where everybody can be there. I’m cordial."
JOE JONAS MAKES SPECIAL APPEARANCE DURING DEMI LOVATO'S SHOW
Joe Jonas joined his ex-girlfriend Demi Lovato on stage during her show this past weekend. According to reports, when Joe made his surprise appearance, the crowd went wild. The two took it back to their Disney days and performed "This Is Me."
- Joe posted a video of him and Demi, saying, "Tonight was amazing. Fun keeping this a secret @ddlovato." He also posted a photo and said, "Surprise LA! @ddlovato thank you for having me."
MILEY CYRUS PERFORMS HUNGOVER IN RIO DE JANIERO
Miley Cyrus' wild weekend in Brazil resulted in a hungover "Bangerz" tour performance this past Sunday (September 28th). She posted photos on Instagram on Saturday (September 27th), saying that she was "hitting rio the f*ck up." Miley later posted a photo and the caption said, "#lastnight #ipuked."
- After performing at Praca de Apoteose in Rio de Janiero she shared a photo looking sad backstage and wrote, "Most hung over show of all history COMPLETE!"
JASON DERULO SAYS PRESSURES OF MARRIAGE FUELED BREAKUP WITH JORDIN SPARKS
Jason Derulo and Jordin Sparks parted ways last week and Jason has cleared the air about why the two actually broke up. Jason told Ryan Seacrest, "I’m not one to throw my business out on the street, but I thought it was important because things are getting a little out of hand. I’m seeing all kinds of stories about somebody getting pregnant, infidelity, things like me calling it off because of me being too busy and because of my newfound success. So I felt like it was important for me to clear the air."
Click here to listen to: JORDIN SPARKS TALKS BREAKUP FROM JASON DERULO
Click here to listen to: JASON DERULO TALKS PRESSURES OF MARRIAGE
Click here to listen to: JASON DERULO AND JORDIN SPARKS AREN'T REALLY ON GOOD TERMS
Click here to listen to: JASON DERULO CONTINUES ON BREAKUP WITH JORDIN SPARKS
Click here to listen to: JASON DERULO TALKS BREAKUP WITH JORDIN SPARKS
LORDE UNVEILS 'HUNGER GAMES' SONG
Lorde has unveiled "Yellow Flicker Beat," her first new song in a year and the lead-off single from the soundtrack of the upcoming movie The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1. Lorde was also in charge of assembling the rest of the music for the soundtrack, about which she said, "Curating the soundtrack for such a hotly-anticipated film was a challenge, but I jumped at the chance. The cast and story are an inspiration for all musicians participating and, as someone with cinematic leanings, being privy to a different creative process has been a unique experience."
- The rest of the lineup for the soundtrack has yet to be revealed.
- The soundtracks to the previous two Hunger Games films have featured music from Arcade Fire, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, The National, Imagine Dragons and others.
- "Yellow Flicker Beat' arrives almost one year to the day that Lorde released her full-length debut album, Pure Heroine.
- The Mockingjay soundtrack will arrive shortly before the movie, which once again stars Jennifer Lawrence, hits theaters on November 21st.
- Lorde is currently on a North American tour that brings her to Las Vegas on Tuesday night (September 30th).
OLLY MURS CONFIRMS NEW SINGLE: According to Digital Spy, Olly Murs has a new record on the way with Travis McCoy titled "Wrapped Up." The track is featured on his upcoming album Never Been Better which is set to be released on November 24th. The record however is currently available for pre-order.
BEYONCE UNVEILS 2015 CALENDAR: Beyonce revealed her new calendar for 2015. The 12 months of Bey features shots from photographers Yosra El-Essawy, Santiago & Mauricio, Nick Farrell, Robin Harper and Mason Poole. The calendar is $14.99 and can be purchased on shop.beyonce.com.
RUMOR: USHER'S TOUR IS NOT SELLING: According to Page Six, Usher's "UR Experience" tour is not selling tickets. Music Insiders say that most venues on the 27-city tour have been selling only a fraction of the available seats and Live Nation may lose $5 million on the project. One source said, "Usher’s sales will be fine in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Toronto, but he’s selling so badly in other markets that the good ones can’t offset the bad ones." The tour kicks on in Quebec on Nov. 1st and ends in Tampa, Fla., on Dec. 14th.