New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (7/22):
BRITNEY SPEARS ANNOUNCES LINGERIE LINE
Britney Spears has teased that she will be releasing a lingerie line shortly. The singer made the announcement via Twitter and Facebook, saying, "Coming very soon… The Intimate Collection, by yours truly. Just a peek at what's to come. . ." The underwear line is set to be released in the U.S. and Europe.
Accompanying Brit's social media announcement, she included a snapshot wearing a bra and panties set.
- The line will officially be released in the US on September 9th and in Europe on September 26th.
HILARY DUFF IS BACK ON THE MUSIC SCENE
Hilary Duff has announced her return to the music scene. The singer told E! News in a statement, "I couldn't be more excited to join the RCA family! I love my team there and feel so lucky to be in the company of their talented artists. I came to them with my vision for the album and it has been a real labor of love, but something I am so proud of."
She added, "'Chasing the Sun' is just a peek into my new album I've worked very hard and the album is a great representation of the experiences I've had in my life and where I want to go from here!"
- Hilary's new single "Chasing the Sun" was written by Colbie Caillat, Jason Reeves and Toby Gad. The track will be available for digital download on July 29th.
- The video for the record will be released on the same day.
IS NICKI MINAJ STILL THROWING SHADE?
Nicki Minaj went on a Twitter rant about racism yesterday (July 23rd) and reports are saying that the tweets may have been disses at Iggy Azalea. The Queens rapper tweeted, "Racism is alive & well. Some people have to put in work. Others get to cut corners. We see it but don't say it. Welcome to the real world. Continue to strive for GREATNESS."
- As previously reported, it was said that Nicki's speech at the BET Awards -- where she made it known that she write her own lyrics, was shade at Iggy. Nicki later responded to the rumors, saying, "The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance in women writing b/c I believe in us!"
TWITTER SALUTES BIG SEAN FOR DODGING A BULLET WITH NAYA RIVERA
Yesterday (July 23rd), it was announced that Big Sean's ex fiance Glee star Naya Rivera married actor Ryan Dorsey -- just three months after breaking up with the rapper. While Sean has yet to comment on Naya's marriage, of course Twitter went in. One Twitter user @Awesomely Luvvie wrote, "Naya Rivera broke up w/ Big Sean 3 months ago and is now married to some dude? Was she on Operation Get Married in 2014 No Matter What?" Another wrote, "I never liked Naya and Big Sean together. I am glad I was right!!!! She went and married somebody else 2 months later. This girl is funny!"
- One Twitter user @Aqua174 wrote, "Big Sean spotted the jig and ran for his life b" while @LowKeyUHTN wrote, "Looks like Big Sean dodged a bullet."
ADELE'S SON WINS LAWSUIT AGAINST THE PAPARAZZI
Adele's son has been victorious against the paparazzi. According to Gossip Cop, the singer's one-year-old son Angelo James Konecki won five figures in damages from Corbis Images UK after a pap photographed private moments of the singer and her son. Adele's lawyer said after the ruling, "It is a matter of profound sadness that many of his milestone moments, such as his first family outing and his first trip to playgroup, were photographed and published worldwide expressly against his family’s wishes."
Adele's attorney added that the singer make it known that she didn't want her son to be "public property."
- As part of the settlement, Corbis Images UK also agreed to never sell the photos again.
- The money will be held in Angelo's trust account.
ARIANA GRANDE'S GRANDFATHER DIES
Ariana Grande's grandfather passed away on Tuesday (July 22nd). The singer shared the news on her Twitter page and said, "Only reason I made this twelve hour trip is grandps told me he wanted me to always be professional & fulfill my business commitments :(. Thank you for your continuous love & light over the past few weeks... We did lose my favorite person to ever exist yesterday, my grandpa :'(. If only y'all knew how amazing he was… My heart hurts so much. It's beyond broken :'( but I got to hold his hand and watch him find his peace."
- She continued, "This is the hardest thing imaginable but I'm so grateful that I got to spend this time with him & my family. Taking care of him & loving him. We thank you so much for the continuous love."
ARIANA GRANDE ISN'T TELLING HER BROTHER ABOUT HER GRANDFATHER'S PASSING
In other news, Ariana and her family are withholding the news of her grandfather's death from her older brother Frankie Grande. According to TMZ, Ariana's older brother is a contestant on Big Brother and per her grandfather's request before his death, her family has agreed to keep Frankie out of the loop. The singer shared the news via her Twitter page yesterday (July 23rd), saying, "Asked grandps last week if he wanted us to pull frankie off bb & he said 'no way! he's gotta play the game even tho i don't understand it."
- Gossip Cop has reported that because of the rules of the show, the contestants have no interference with the outside world. It's believed that Frankie isn't aware of the news.
LANA DEL REY SPILLS THE BEANS ON HER SEX LIFE
Lana Del Rey has spoken out about her sex life. The singer -- who is featured on the August/September issue of Complex, told the mag, "I like a physical love. I like a hands-on love. How can I say this without getting into too much trouble? I like a tangible, passionate love. For me, if it isn’t physical, I’m not interested."
She then spoke on her record "F*cked My Way To The Top" and said, "It’s commentary, like, 'I know what you think of me,' and I'm alluding to that. You know, I have slept with a lot of guys in the industry, but none of them helped me get my record deals. Which is annoying."
- On her failed engagement to Barrie-James O'Neill, she added, "Definitely demolished that through tons of depression and insecurity. Now it’s just an untenable relationship, impossible because of my emotional instability."
PITBULL RELEASES NEW TRACK: Pitbull has released a new track called "Fireball" featuring John Ryan. According to Rap Up, prior to dropping the record, Mr. 305 said, "Lot of craziness going on in the world right now, so lets escape it for 3:55."
CHRIS BROWN'S 'LOYAL' IS VEVO CERTIFIED: Chris Brown has announced that the video for his record "Loyal" has been Vevo certified. The singer tweeted, "100 Million Views for #Loyal! Thank you Team Breezy #VEVOCertified pic.twitter.com/dfRKn1KKx6."
JUSTIN BIEBER DIDN'T PRETEND TO BE HANDICAPPED TO SKIPS LINES AT DISNEYLAND: It was previously reported by TMZ that Justin Bieber pretended to be handicapped to skip the lines at Disneyland. A rep has now told the site that Bieber was actually in the wheelchair because he was nursing a knee injury from basketball. The rep added that he only sat in the wheelchair to rest for a few moments.
REPORT: KIM K LEAVES KANYE WEST AFTER 58 DAYS OF MARRIAGE: Rumor has it that Kim Kardashian has already left Kanye West after being married for 58 days. According to Mediatakeout via In Touch magazine, the couple's marriage is over.