New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (10/21):
ARIANA GRANDE'S SELFIE GETS BIG SEAN'S ATTENTION
After admitting earlier this month that she and Big Sean were in fact an item, Ariana Grande recently posted a selfie that got her man's attention on Instagram. Grande posted a selfie laying in bed with full hair and make up gazing into the camera. The caption read, "Wasn't sure what to caption this so I asked my mom and she said suck my ass."
- Big Sean saw the photo and posted a comment that read, "I miss that view. Get back here."
- Earlier this month, Grande admitted she was seeing the rapper and said, "He is one of the most amazing men in the world, and that includes my grandfather and my brother."
- She added, "I think the world of him, and he's an amazing person. That's kind of all there is to it."
- Grande is currently on tour in Europe.
GWEN STEFANI RELEASES NEW SINGLE
No Doubt's Gwen Stefani hasn't released a solo project since 2006 but she's back. The singer is working on a new solo set and released a new single, "Baby Don't Lie," today, October 20th. The song was written by Stefani, Benny Blanco, OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder, and Noel Zancanella.
- Stefani has been back in the public eye since appearing on The Voice but according to an insider, this is all part of a master plan. A source told HollywoodLife.com, "For Gwen, The Voice was a relaunching pad for things she wants to do in her career. She is going to work more on fashion, music and other things, now that she has a fresh coat of paint on her from the exposure of The Voice."
- Stefani has also been in the studio with Calvin Harris who took to Instagram to share a preview of their collaboration. He wrote, "Little preview of my song with Gwen Stefani ‘Together’ from my new album Motion which u can preorder now."
Iggy Azalea took to Twitter on Friday (October 17th) to blast XXL for interviewing her ex Hefe Wine. Wine says that he and Iggy had a common-law marriage since 2008, which Iggy denies. He filed for divorce a few weeks back. The raptress tweeted, "@XXL why are u enabling such an awful person. his actual 'wife' who mothers his 3 year old son is currently in court after he strangled her. its in extremely poor taste a 'music' magazine would insert themselves into something so messy and clearly false."
She continued, "My lawyer agreed to be served 'divorce' papers but they want to hire someone to serve me in person, probably so it can be another TMZ story. I also was told yesterday via his lawyer if i do not settle out of court they will go to the press and say i gave him an STD, whats next?"
- She added, "The thing that i find awfully sad about this whole story is the mother of this mans 3 year old child is in court right now...saying he stalked, headbutted and tried to strangle her in january after their 7 year relationship ended."
IGGY EXPLAINS WHY SHE DOESN'T RAP ABOUT AUSTRALIA
Meanwhile, Iggy also went on Twitter to explain why she doesn't rap about her life in Australia, saying, "As a kid loved rap but a lot of lyrics were SO heavily themed around where you came from, it made me feel i didnt have a place. I shared my journey in WORK but make it a point not to mention much about any place wether it be where i was birthed or where i now reside. Because i approach writing as if I'm making music for my 14 year old self to hear and i don't want her to feel left out."
- She continued, "to fill a song full of references about Australia or any other place in particular would defeat the entire point. because the point is to defy the notion youre defined by the dirt underneath your feet. the point is for many music is more influential, relatable and inspirational than the place we live. I'm the product of how powerful music is and how far it can reach. I'm one of those kids and i love it and i love love love to see and hear about other kids from all around the world discovering that maybe rap music is for them too. :-)."
BRITNEY SPEARS AND MARIO LOPEZ HAD A ONE NIGHT STAND
In Mario Lopez' recently released memoir, Just Between Us, he shared that he had a one-night stand with a "pop mega star" in Las Vegas and according to Us Weekly that star has been confirmed to be Britney Spears. During an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show earlier this month, Lopez said, "I'm trying not to give too much away without giving too much away . . . It was maybe six or seven years ago . . . eight years ago?"
- According to multiple sources, the hook-up occurred around 2006 when Spears was separated from her husband, Kevin Federline, and Lopez was on a break from his girlfriend, Karina Smirnoff, who he dated from 2006 to 2008.
- Lopez and Spears are still friends as Lopez joined Spears on stage last December for the opening night of her Las Vegas residency for Britney: Piece of Me.
ED SHEERAN SAYS HE WAS NEVER ACTUALLY HOMELESS
Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran has come forward to clarify a misunderstanding caused by his book, Ed Sheeran: A Visual Journey. In the book, the singer writes that he "didn't have a place to stay" from 2008 to 2010 but that wasn't exactly true. During a recent interview with Capital FM, Sheeran explained, "It's been really taken out of context in press . . . everyone's saying Ed Sheeran was homeless. I never say that in the book. I went without a bed for some nights, that's it."
- He continued, "It's just that I didn't have a place to stay those nights, so I slept on the Central Line and outside Buckingham Palace. That's just what I did . . . 2009 I'd been doing it, playing gigs in London for about four years. I lost my place to live and just started staying at friends' that I met along the way and it was a very fun time I had a lot of fun. I met a lot of people and had a lot of experiences that an 18-year-old probably shouldn't have, and when I didn't have a place I would stand onstage and be like, ‘If anyone has got a couch tonight,' and it would usually work."
LANCE BASS SHARES WEDDING PLANS AND PROMISES 'NSYNC REUNION
Former 'NSync member Lance Bass has announced that he will marry his long time partner, model Michael Turchin, on December 20th. The couple met in 2011 and got engaged in September of 2013. Bass, who came out in 2006, shared that he expects all the members of his former group to attend the ceremony.
- The singer turned radio host told People, "Yes, there will be a reunion . . . But I doubt we'll be performing. I think it's a little cheesy if I sing at all at my wedding."
- The group reunited last year for MTV Video Music Awards.
- The nuptials will be televised on E! next year.
PHARRELL WILLIAMS WORKING ON CARA DELEVINGNE'S DEBUT
Pharrell Williams is hoping to help jumpstart supermodel Cara Delevingne's foray into music as he's produced her debut. A source told PerezHilton.com, "They're going to release the song without warning, complete with video and global launch. They seem to have formed a great little writing collective and apparently it's a huge song."
- Williams and Delevingne have been working on music together for over eight months and they allegedly shot a video in Paris last week.
- At the Brit Awards, Williams shared his thoughts on the supermodel. He said, "I think what people should probably focus in on, versus these specific projects, is on her, her spirit. And what she's up to next. Trust me. Because the films only get better, the parts only get bigger, the music only gets better, the modeling only gets better. But the spirit is becoming refined. She's becoming refined, so it's another chapter in her life. And we're happy over at I Am Other to say that this is family now. There's going to be some really cool things."
NICK JONAS THROWS HIS SUPPORT BEHIND GEORGE CLOONEY FOR PRESIDENT
Singer and actor Nick Jonas is a happy man these days as his DirectTV MMA television show, Kingdom, has been picked up for 20 more episodes. Next spring production will start on the new slate of shows with ten of them scheduled come out Fall 2015 and the remaining ten to air during Fall 2016.
- Well the singer must have been in good spirits on Friday, October 17th, when he took to Twitter to profess his support for a potential Presidential run by actor George Clooney. Jonas tweeted, "Am I the only one that thinks George Clooney has got a master plan to run for President one day . . . #Clooney2016."
JESSIE J MAKES IT THROUGH 'ELLEN' PERFORMANCE: Singer Jessie J was able to belt her way through a performance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show. The singer, who sang "Bang Bang" and "Burnin' Up," tweeted, "Ellen yesterday so much fun. My voice was rusty but I gave it my all!"
'AMERICAN IDOL' CONTESTANT DIES: American Idol season 7 contestant Joanne Borgella died Saturday at the age of 32 from a rare form of cancer. Borgella's family said via Facebook, "Her faith, courage and strength were unshaken throughout every obstacle she encountered."
- Borgella was also the first winner of Mo'Nique's Fat Chance in 2005 where she went by the name "Miss F.A.T."
NEW GORILLAZ ALBUM IN THE WORKS: Damon Albarn recently told RollingStone that he plans to release a new Gorillaz album in 2016. The animated group's last release was 2001's The Fall.
BEYONCE SHOWS OFF HER NEW BANGS: Beyonce, Jay-Z, Adele, and Will.I.Am were spotted out on Friday night, October 17th, at Harry's Bar in London. Beyonce was showing off her new bangs.