New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (7/29):
ARIANA GRANDE'S WHITE HOUSE PERFORMANCE CANCELED DUE TO DONUTGATE
Ariana Grande was supposed to perform at the White House, however, because of her donutgate scandal, the performance was axed. In a series of leaked emails between the White House and the Democratic National Committee, which were released via WikiLeaks on Friday (July 22nd), it was revealed that after conducting an investigation on Ariana, her performance was canceled. According to Us Magazine, DNC Finance Chair Zachary Allen wrote in an email, "Can we also vet Arianna Grande?"
Several senior staffers responded with information on the singer, which said, "Ariana Butera - video caught her licking other peoples’ donuts while saying she hates America; Republican Congressman used this video and said it was a double standard that liberals were not upset with her like they are with Trump who criticized Mexicans; cursed out a person on Twitter after that person used an offensive word towards her brother."
The email noted that Grande was not criminally charged for the incident and gave two apologies via YouTube. The email went on to say, "In the second of her two YouTube apologies posted last week, the 22-year-old singer said she was 'disgusted' with herself and wanted to 'disappear' after TMZ posted the video."
- The email also mentioned GOP Congressman Jeff Duncan’s Facebook post, which criticized America for allowing Ariana's incident to be swept under the rug. Duncan wrote, "This misguided young pop star said that she hated America and hated Americans, while she proceeded to contaminate food for resale with the very tongue with which she uttered the hatred rant. The double-standards in this country are disgusting."
- The White House then dismissed Ariana's performance, saying, "Nope, sorry."
BEYONCE BLASTS CLAIMS OF STEALING CONCEPT FOR 'LEMONADE'
Beyonce has clapped back at claims that she stole the ideas for her visual album, Lemonade. As previously reported, director Matthew Fulks filed a lawsuit against Bey, claiming that she copied his work. According to documents obtained by TMZ, Bey says that the differences between Lemonade and Fulks' film, Palinoia, couldn't be more evident, as her visual "portrays an African-American woman who progresses through stages of suspicion, denial, anger and, ultimately, reconciliation in her relationship."
Bey goes on to say that Palinoia depicts a "white man who is distressed in the wake of a failed relationship."
- In other news, Bey's mama, Tina Knowles-Lawson, says that the Republican National Convention was a "scary" experience. She uploaded a clip to Instagram, saying, "Just Jammin to Sade today! Getting my mind off of the chaos and trying to feel some joy today ! After watching that really scary Republican Convention for the last two days ! And yes !!!!! I do know I can’t sing ?but as my friend Vernell would say I can make a joyful noise . And hey she got it out the bible!!!!??"
Reports say that Rihanna is set to star in A&E's Bates Motel. The singer will be joining the series' fifth and final season. She will take on the role of Marion Crane, a famous character played by Janet Leigh in 1960's Psycho.
RiRi announced the news with a surprise video at Comic-Con, saying, "It’s your girl RiRi. Let me tell you what a bad b*tch is about to do. I am about to check into the ‘Bates Motel’ very soon. Guess what else? Guess who’s playing Marion?"
- Bates Motel will start production in Vancouver in the fall and it’s scheduled to air in 2017.
- Meanwhile, Rihanna is also set to appear in Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets alongside Cara Delevingne, Ethan Hawke, and Dane DeHaan.
SELENA GOMEZ POSTS CRYPTIC NOTE ON INSTAGRAM
Selena Gomez uploaded a cryptic note to Instagram after her show in Indonesia, where she seemingly addressed tweets that she posted recently, which resulted in backlash on social media. During the show, Selena said, "I get stupid sometimes, I say things that I don't mean, or they come out wrong just because I care so badly. But the thing is at the end of the day no war anger has ever won, I do know that deep down in my heart I have to believe that we can love each other and always be kind no matter what it takes within us, I believe we can do that."
- Following the show, the singer wrote, "Tonight I felt extremely unauthentic, unconnected to both…myself and my music. I've never really felt like my materials, wardrobe or a video could define me. I act on a moment and fear something that hasn't happened. I'm stagnant, I stay still and don't just sit with myself first and ask, 'Is this where I am, wholeheartedly?' I've always told the truth. I'm always true to my word, I've shown who I am but I need to rethink some areas of my life creatively and personally. Had to get that out."
BRITNEY SPEARS ACCUSED OF STEALING HER SINGLE ARTWORK
Britney Spears has been accused of copying Mexican pop singer, Thalia. According to Oh No They Didn't, after the release of Britney's latest single, "Make Me," Thalia's fans took to Twitter to speak on the similarities of Britney's single artwork and Thalia's for her 2005 single, "Amar Sin Ser Amada." Thalia's record, which also had an English version, was released in Latin America in 2005.
- In Britney's cover art, she is seen wearing a white cloth covering her top and bottom, similar to Thalia.
Lollapalooza's founder isn't a fan of EDM music. During an interview with the Chicago Tribune, Perry Farrell said, "I hate EDM I want to vomit it out of my nostrils. I can't stand what it did to what I love, which is house music, which was meditative, psychedelic—it took you on a journey. … I sometimes cringe at my own festival."
- He continued, "When they said they wanted to name a stage after me, I was honored. I like the adulation. But now you say, 'Perry, what's going on with your area here?' Believe me, I've got questions myself."
KESHA, DEMI LOVATO, LADY GAGA AND MORE TO PERFORM AT THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION: According to Perez Hilton, Kesha, Demi Lovato, Lady Gaga, Fergie and a host of others will be performing at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia this week. Gaga, Lenny Kravitz and DJ Jazzy Jeff will host a free concert in Camden, NJ for convention attendees. Fergie will be performing at a benefit concert to aid an arts advocacy organization. Meanwhile, Kesha will be headlining an event headed by a gun control group and Demi will perform at the DNC.
FERGIE THINKS KIMYE AND TAYLOR SWIFT'S FEUD IS A PUBLICITY STUNT: Fergie doesn't think that KimYe's beef with Taylor Swift is real. During a recent radio interview, Fergie said, "They’ll probably all come together at the MTV Awards or something. Not to be vague in any sort of way. Kim’s so cool. You gotta respect her sticking up for her husband!"
IGGY AZALEA COZY WITH FRENCH MONTANA?: Perez Hilton has reported that Iggy Azalea and French Montana were spotted partying together at Jewel nightclub at the Aria Resort & Casino in Vegas this past weekend. And while the site says that the two were looking rather cozy, it was also reported that the left together at the end of the night.
'NSYNC'S FINAL STUDIO ALBUM TURNED 15: 'NSYNC's final studio album, Celebrity, turned 15 on Sunday (July 24th). The band's Twitter page wrote, "15 years ago already? Wow!! Thank you for all the fan love today! We love you all!"