New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (5/6):
BEYONCE: MOVE OVER 'LEMONADE,' I WANT WATERMELON
Beyoncé has made history with her record-breaking visual album Lemonade, which has taken the Internet by storm, topping the Billboard 200 after its first week and debuting all 12 cuts from the album in the Billboard Hot 100.
But Queen Bey isn't ready to just lay back and drink in the sweet nectar; instead, she's reaching for a glass of cold-pressed watermelon.
- Beyoncé is investing in the fast-growing startup called WTRMLN WTR, considering it an investment in health and social justice. She explained in a statement: I invested in WTRMLN WTR because it's the future of clean, natural hydration; as partners, we share a simple mission to deliver accessible wellness to the world. This is more than an investment in a brand, it's an investment in female leaders, fitness, American farmers, and the health of people and our planet.
- It is unclear how big her stake in the company is.
50 CENT IN HOT WATER OVER VIDEO HARASSING AUTISTIC TEEN
50 Cent is under fire after he recorded himself mocking a janitor at CVG airport in Cincinnati. According to Gossip Cop, the 19-year-old janitor named, Andrew Farrell, is mildly autistic and suffers from a social anxiety, although the rapper mistook him for being high on drugs. In the clip 50 uploaded, which has since been deleted, the rapper said, "Listen, the new generation is crazy! They crazy! What's your name? Look at him, look at this. What kind of sh*t you think he took before he got to work today? He high as a motherf*cker right here in the airport. Pupils dilated, everything looking like . . . The new generation is f*cking crazy." , 50 issued the teen an apology. The rapper said in a statement to Page Six, "While the incident at the airport resulted from an unfortunate misunderstanding, I am truly sorry for offending the young man. It was certainly not my intent to insult him or the disability community, which is a source of great strength in America. I have apologized personally to him and his family."
DEMI LOVATO DEFENDS KESHA FOR COMING OUT AGAINST DR. LUKE
In a powerful new interview with Latina Magazine, Demi Lovato, 23, staunchly defends Kesha for coming forward with allegations against the powerful producer Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald. In the interview, Demi also discusses her love life, new tour and record label with Nick Jonas.
Said Demi: "I thought it was extremely brave of a pop star in the industry to come out and talk about that." Kesha, of course, alleged that she suffered sexual, mental and physical abuse at the hands of Dr. Luke, who was her producer.
- Demi says she believes that the dismissal of accusers’ claims creates vicious cycles of abuse and silence: "The important thing for me is that people are so afraid to come forward when they are sexually abused or raped because 1) it’s not something that’s easy to prove so you don’t want to go through the whole process and it drags it out. 2) Because it’s hard to prove people are so quick to dispel the rumors or not believe you and therefore nobody’s coming forward and change is only happening in a worse sense."
- In February, a judge denied a motion that would have allowed her to get out of her Sony contract, saying she could work with someone else at the label. At the time, Lovato tweeted her support, saying: "Frustrating to see women come forward with their past only to be shot down, not believed & disrespected for their bravery in taking action."
- Demi also talked about her adoration of longtime main squeeze Wilmer Valderrama: "Wilmer is very manly, and he can be stubborn like Latino men can, but he’s protective and he cares so much and loves so hard."
DID LADY GAGA GIVE US A PREVIEW OF HER ALBUM AT THE MET GALA?
Lady Gaga will never be accused of tackling a new (to her) genre half-heartedly. As speculation about the direction of her new album continues, some are saying that her performance at the Met Gala's afterparty on May 2nd may be providing a sneak peak to a new rock n' roll side of Gaga.
The singer-songwriter grabbed an electric guitar and teamed up with Mark Ronson for a rendition of the Talking Heads classic "Burning Down the House." Seeing Lady Gaga go rock n' roll reportedly brought down the house.
- She's had plenty of practice: Gaga has been spending a lot of time with Ronson of late, with the two collaborating in the studio on Gaga's fifth album, set to drop this year. Sir Elton John, Chic leadman Nile Rodgers and Bad Romance collaborator RedOne have also joined her in-studio.
DRAKE SNAGS A SPOT ON THE FORBES FIVE LIST
Forbes has announced the newest member of their "Forbes Five" list. Drake has replaced 50 Cent on this year's ranking of the richest rappers. Drizzy, who recently dropped his latest album, Views, is worth $60 million -- which was accumulated through multi-platinum recordings, million-dollar-grossing tours and seven figure endorsements. The 29-year-old is a regular on the "Hip-Hop Cash Kings" list of the highest-earning rappers since his debut in 2010.
- The list is topped by Diddy, who is worth $750 million. The other artists to make the cut include Dr. Dre ($710 million), Jay Z ($610 million) and Birdman ($110 million).
IGGY AZALEA TO DROP 'DIGITAL DISTORTION' NEXT MONTH
Iggy Azalea's new album is going to be released on June 10th. The release of Digital Distortion will be supported by the single "Team," and it's follow-up "Three Day Weekend."
- Digital is the rapper's second studio album, and is a follow-up to The New Classic, which dropped in 2014. Kesha, Zedd and Charlamagne Tha God are reportedly collaborating.
KATY PERRY, RITA ORA WEAR 'NOT BECKY' PINS TO MET GALA
Who wore it better? At the Met Gala after-party on May 2nd, Rita Ora, 25, and Katy Perry, 31, were both spotted sporting "Not Becky" pins, a not-so-subtle reference to intense speculation over the other woman ("Becky") Queen Bey references in red-hot Lemonade.
Ora donned the pin just days after being accused of being the woman Jay Z allegedly cheated on Beyoncé with. (Beyoncé mentioned a mysterious "Becky with the good hair" on her new album, and the Internet lost its few remaining marbles speculating on who the object of her ire is). In addition to wearing the pin, Ora cozied up with a selfie with Beyoncé at the soiree captioned "Family."
- OK, we got it.
- But what about Katy? No one thought she was Becky to begin with, but just in case?
OLD POLICE PHONE RECORDS RELEASED REGARDING PRINCE
TMZ has reported that a call was allegedly made to the Carver County Sheriff's Department back in June 2011 because of a concern about "Prince's cocaine habits." According to records released by the Sheriff's Department, the caller said that Prince told her in Germany a year prior that he could not control his habit. The site is reporting that the Sheriff's personnel discussed the call after the woman hung up. They later called back and informed her that the information was dated and since there was no proof that Prince was in immediate danger, they closed the case.
Meanwhile, according to the site, there was another record of an emergency call from October 2013. Apparently, a 53-year-old male that matched Prince's description was transported to the hospital for dehydration.
- An additional record that was also released mentioned that someone called on April 21st, saying that Prince is the father of her 17-year-old son and she wanted the son to attend the singer's funeral.
SINEAD O'CONNOR SPEAKS ON SPECULATIONS OVER PRINCE'S UNRELEASED MUSIC
In other news, Sinead O'Connor is disgusted by speculations over Prince's musical archive. O'Connor told Entertainment Weekly, "All this public and private discussion of when his unreleased material will come out is sickening. The man is barely even 10 days mourned. If we don't release it that's because we didn't like it! We don't want it released. The man was generous enough to give away for free any material he was happy to release."
- She added, "His musical wishes, in my opinion, ought be respected and the material cremated in respect for him."
SELENA GOMEZ DITCHES MET GALA FOR SUPER-CASUAL DANCE PARTY: After gracing the red carpet in a gorgeous black and white Louis Vuitton polka-dot gown on Monday, May 2nd, she was ready to kick back in some jeans with a few friends and dance to Don Omar's "Zumba."
GWEN STEFANI ROCKS CARPOOL KARAOKE: The Voice coach and rock goddess Gwen Stefani graced James Corden’s latest installment of Carpool Karaoke. It is set to go live on Wednesday's Late Late Show, but Corden posted a snipped featuring her emoji impressions, among other things.
ADELE EXPLAINS DELAYED REACTION TO 'LEMONADE': After Beyoncé released the ground-breaking Lemonade, everyone went into freak-out mode, including celebrities. Adele, though was strangely silent. On Tuesday, May 3rd, she posted a snap of herself hugging a huge picture of Beyoncé with the caption: "I'm not late on this I've just been speechless. Beyoncé is the most inspiring person I've ever had the pleasure of worshipping. Her talent, beauty, grace and work ethic are all in a league of their own. I appreciate you so much! Thank god for Beyoncé X."
MADONNA PUTS ON A PRIVATE SHOW AT UP&DOWN: Madonna, 57, proved she still has it when she gave French Montana and Diplo a demonstration of her, er, very special sucking talents at a Met Gala after-party.Thanks for that!