New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (7/7):
HILARY DUFF IS GRATEFUL FOR 'LIZZIE MCGUIRE' ROLE
Hilary Duff attributes her success to her role on Lizzie McGuire. The actress-turned-singer reflected on her career in an interview with PrideSource and said, "As torturous as it has been at some points in my life to be Lizzie McGuire, I think that when that show came out, it was such a part of who I was, I didn't feel like I was playing a part. The writers all knew me so well and were writing things that were happening in my life and things that I would say, and I was dressing exactly like I wanted. It was so me."
She continued, "I don't think during the filming it was torturous. I loved it during the filming. I just didn't know what a success the show was gonna be, and after that — four years, five years after that — and I was still Lizzie McGuire to people and that was super annoying."
- Hilary then revealed that she "chose to bow out for a minute" after years of being Lizzie McGuire. She said, "Everyone thought I was just absolutely nuts because I was really successful and making a lot of money. And it was scary, because there was no guarantee that my career was still gonna be there."
- She added, "I don't care now. I'm grateful for it."
THE SHOW MUST GO ON FOR ONE DIRECTION
Zayn Malik's departure from One Direction didn't stop the 1D show. In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Harry Styles was quoted saying, "There have been incredible shows across Europe. Some of the best we’ve had! The only changes have been that the parts Zayn sang have been picked up by different people. Other than that, the shows have been going absolutely great."
Harry went on to say that fans will still be able to hear some of Zayn's signature songs, such as "Story Of My Life." He continued, "It would be pretty devastating if we took that song out. Liam Payne stepped up to do the high notes. He kicks them in the bollocks every show. He doesn’t hold back."
- And as far as the next 1D album, Styles said, "It carries a slightly new identity, but I think it’s an obvious change from most recent album Four in a positive way. We’ve branched out and worked with different writers, and we’ve got some great songs!"
HARRY STYLES' 'FRIEND IS MISSING' TRENDS ON TWITTER
In other news, One Direction fans in the US and worldwide started the trending topic "#HarrysFriendIsMissing" this past weekend after new photos surfaced of Styles' man parts which seemingly disappointed his fans. One fan wrote, "HARRY IT WAS SO BIG HOW DID YOU LOSE IT." Another asked, "How can you lose SUCH a HUGE thing??" Someone else even said, "I JUST DONT GET HOW THERE IS NO BULGE. THAT IS FOR WOMEN. SOME GIRLS CANT EVEN HIDE CAMELTOES. HARRY TEACH ME YOUR WAYS."
- One fan took the trending topic literally and tweeted, "WTF I ACTUALLY THOUGHT IT'S ONE OF HARRY'S ‘HUMAN FRIENDS.’ THIS FANDOM NEEDS HELP."
WENDY WILLIAMS THROWS SHADE AT MARIAH CAREY
Wendy Williams made fun of Mariah Carey and her new relationship on her show last week. During Wendy's "Hot Topics" segment, she showed a picture of MiMi and her new boyfriend James Packer, saying that he is ugly. She also said, "His names is James, and he’s a billionaire. You wouldn’t throw him away." And as far as Mariah, Wendy said, "Whatever you think about her gaining weight, she looks terrific to me, and she looks happy."
Wendy later said, "I don’t picture Mariah being fun in a relationship, like I picture her being child-like to a point of unicorns. It’s cute in the beginning, but all of a sudden, a guy wants to be with a woman. And I don’t picture Mariah — I don’t picture her having sex."
- She continued, "I don’t picture her having great conversation that will really move a man to be turned on… And because of the tic in my head that I think she might have in her head, I just picture guys using her for the ‘Mariah Carey.' I’m just nervous for Mariah, because I don’t think she’s a pleasure in a relationship. I’m happy for Nick because I’m sure that he’s glad that she’s occupied over there."
CHRIS BROWN RESPECTFULLY SHUTS DOWN ROYALTY'S GRANDMA
Chris Brown took to Instagram to respectfully shut down his baby mama Nia Guzman's mom for making comments about what his daughter on social media. Nia -- who is demanding $15,000 in child support for Royalty, posted a photo of the one-year-old and her mom wrote in the comments, "She needs security even when she is with Nia, she needs to go to private school and she needs to live in a gated community for his own daughters safety! . . . period."
Chris told Baller Alert about the comment, "I'm don't have the energy to be petty today."
- He later responded, "Obviously you aren't looking out for my daughter by putting personal issues up on Instagram. I'm not gonna be disrespectful and rude about his becuz I know and they know I provide and take care of my daughter equally. I work and have a job and so willt he mother. I actually stepped up to the plate to be a father and haven't complained once. And deep down yall know yall on some bs."
- He continued, explaining why he filed for joint custody of Royalty, "Not here to bash anyone nor be confrontational. I filed for joint custody. 'EQUAL' custody. No kid needs 4k a week. Especially when I have her 2weeks out of the month. . . . Telling all your business is dhildish and is not setting a good loving environment for ROYALTY. I have no ill intentions and I love my daughter. #godbless."
Then Nia jumped on Instagram, saying, "I DID NOT SAY SH*T ABOUT WHAT MY DAUGHTER NEEDS TO SOCIAL MEDIA . . . Never will address MY DAUGHTER TO SOCIAL MEDIA . . . It's nobody BUSINESS . . . I CANNOT ACCOUNT FOR MY MOTHER . . . We don't even live in the same state."
- She continued, "AND CHRISTOPHER STOP THE MADNESS!"
ED SHEERAN HAS A NEW ACTING GIG
Ed Sheeran has hinted at an upcoming acting gig. The singer told the U.K.'s The Sun, "I have an acting job coming out after July. I can't say too much about it because the pilot just got picked up, which is good, but it's a TV show. It's a medieval TV show and it's really, really dark. It's gruesome and it's going to be fine because my friend wrote it."
- Ed appeared on Home and Away earlier this year.
OMEEKA RESPONDS TO JOE BUDDEN
Don't come for Omeeka unless they send for you! Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj came for Joe Budden this past weekend after hearing that the New Jersey rapper criticized their relationship. Last week, during his I'll Name This Podcast Later, podcast, Budden said that Meek has gone soft since he started dating Nicki. He explained, "Meek’s music is too hard for me to look at him with this f*cking sappy f*ck-sh*t. Be the hardcore guy that I’m sure she was attracted to at some point. It’s nasty. I hate everything about it."
Meek tweeted on the 4th of July, "Rap money slowing up…guess it's love & hip hop..no phillipes for ya shawty take her to the wings stop… _________jr smith spot #bars lol. Stop it old hating noodle! Ya new name 'RAMEN' put em in the bathroom 😂"
- He continued, "… You's type of guys can't deal with me on no levels! Lol I'm out. Yall guys talk about other men too much..Barbz get em 😂😂😂😂😂😂."
- Meek ended with, "joking but it ain't dat boy level to b commenting on they way I handle my lady! Yall gotta have a chill button when you speaking on da trill."
Budden responded, tweeting, "@MeekMill #1. I think you've taken some things outta context. I didn't diss u. #2. U don't rap well enough to go this route w me. I love the Barbz by the way. Lol."
He later threw Nicki's ex in the mix, saying, "Safaree ain't even back me up last night, smh."
- Never one to bite her tongue, Nicki tweeted, "Why would you be bothered by another man showing love to his girl? Let's celebrate black love. All the best w/ur podcast. All jokes aside."
ICYMI: Last week, Meek Mill told Sway in the Morning that he didn't get Nicki's ex Safaree banned from the BET Awards red carpet:
- "I don’t get people banned; that’s like calling the cops. We don’t call the cops on people and sh*t like that. What we gotta get him banned from the BET Awards for? He ain’t never been at the BET Awards by himself. I don’t even think he was invited. I don’t really be liking those accusations though. She asked me like, ‘He said I said it. You did it?’ I was like, ‘No.’ I don’t get people banned."
SAM SMITH WON'T BE SINGING THE NEW 'BOND' THEME SONG
Sam Smith won't be singing the theme song for James Bond's film Spectre. In a recent radio interview, Sam said, "I actually have no idea. People seem to think I'm doing it but I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I'm being deadly serious. I really think I would know by now!"
- He added, "I heard Ellie Goulding was going to do it, I heard loads of different things. It's definitely not me."
NKOTB WANTS FANS TO GO COMMANDO AT THEIR SHOWS
New Kids on the Block have partnered up with Cottonelle and are encouraging fans to go commando at their shows. Joey McIntyre told Us Weekly, "We don't take ourselves too seriously but we take our tours and putting on a great show seriously and we thought it was fun. We're very lucky. We started out so young — we're still young especially when you compare us to a lot of the bands that have been around a lot lot longer than us. So it's a good combination and they're bringing their kids now and you see teenagers coming just to check it out. It's really fun to see how the audience is growing."
- McIntyre also admitted that although they don't get panties thrown at them during performances, they still have crazy fan stories. He recalled one incident in particular, saying, "I took my clothes off and went into the bathroom to take a shower and there were two school girls behind my bathroom door. That is every teenage boy's dream but not until it happens to you and then you scream like a little girl and run down the hallway in a towel."
BRITNEY SPEARS IN THE STUDIO WITH DJ MUSTARD: Producer DJ Mustard has revealed that he's been in the studio with Britney Spears. During an interview with Capital Xtra at the Wireless Festival in London, Mustard said, "I haven't told nobody this, but I've been in the studio with Britney Spears . . . We've got something harder than all that. It's a movie."
DEMI LOVATO AND NICK JONAS CELEBRATE 'COOL FOR THE SUMMER' WITH GOLD CIGARS: Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas celebrated the release of Demi's new single "Cool For The Summer" with gold cigars. Demi has been hosting launch parties for the record in different cities such as New York, Miami and Atlanta. Demi went to Chicago last week, where she met up with the Jonas brother. Nick hinted at his appearance when he tweeted Demi, saying, "Yo @ddlovato these pool parties look sick… Cool if I swing through Chicago tomorrow?" Demi replied, "H*LL YESSS!!!"
'MTO' SAYS RIHANNA'S 'BBHMM' MAY BE BASED ON A TRUE STORY: Mediatakeout has reported that Rihanna's accountant Peter Gounis is officially a missing person. Last year, the singer sued him, claiming that she had $11 million in cash in January 2009, but only had $2 million left by the end of the year and it was all because her accountant told her to buy a Beverly Hills mansion for $7.5 million which turned out to be moldy and leaking. The singer settled the suit, but has not been paid yet.