New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (5/27):
DIPLO THINKS JUSTIN BIEBER WILL HAVE TO PAY UP OVER 'SORRY'
Justin Bieber is currently facing a lawsuit over his record, "Sorry." TMZ reported that an indie artist named, White Hinterland, is suing the singer for stealing her vocals for his record. Diplo, who produced the track along with Skrillex, says that Biebz and his legal team will end up paying Hinterland for using her vocals.
- Skrillex on the other hand denies that they stole Hinterland's vocals. The producer tweeted, "SORRY but we didnt steal this @justinbieber @bloodpop."
ARIANA GRANDE FORCED TO CANCEL SHOW DUE TO SINUS AND THROAT INFECTION
Ariana Grande had to cancel her performance at Sunday's (May 29th) Rock In Rio festival in Lisbon at the last minute because of a throat and sinus infection. The singer announced the cancelation via Twitter and said, "I am deeply saddened to tell my babes in Portugal that I have to cancel my performance at Rock in Rio. (I’ve literally been crying over this for an hour). I have a throat & sinus infection & my doctors have advised me not to sing for a few days."
- She added, "I promise to make it up to you, and give you the best show I’m capable of when I return. Again, I’m so sorry to the babes were coming to see me. I love you with all my heart."
MADONNA THROWS SHADE BACK AT BET
Madonna isn't letting BET's shade on her Prince tribute performance go unnoticed. The singer took a jab at the network via Instagram, saying, "Wearing the jacket Prince gave me back in the day without permission from BET. Lol! God Bless America. And yes that's Marilyn!" As previously reported, BET posted a promotional tweet following Madge's performance at the Billboard Awards and said, "Yeah we saw that. Don't worry. We Got You."
- BET has not responded to Madonna's post.
ADELE FLUBS SONG LYRICS DURING PERFORMANCE IN LISBON
Adele flubbed the lyrics to her record, "Million Years Ago" during a performance last week at the MEO Arena in Lisbon, Portugal. However, she was quite lighthearted about the mistake. Adele said to the crowd, "Sh*t, wrong words. Should I sing the right words? Sorry."
- On another note, as previously reported, the singer recently signed a $130 million deal with Sony.
MARC ANTHONY FACING LAWSUIT OVER FAULTY YACHT
Marc Anthony is being sued after an employee on his yacht lost a finger while trying to repair the boat. Anthony threw a party called, "Seas The Day," on a yacht back in March 2015, and according to TMZ, Jean-Pierre Perret says that while he was repairing the boat's busted anchor his finger was dismembered.
- Perret is holding Anthony accountable, saying that it was his responsibility to make sure the boat was in "shipshape." He went on to say that he was never warned that the anchor could be dangerous.
NICK JONAS IS PROUD OF MILEY CYRUS
Nick Jonas is proud of his former girlfriend, Miley Cyrus. During a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, the singer revealed that he is a big fan of her 2013 hit, "Wrecking Ball." Nick said, "I still think it’s one of the best pop songs of the last 10 years. And you know, she’s always been outspoken and authentic to who she is, so it was only a matter of time before she really owned that, and I’m proud of her."
He went on to say, "I don’t have a relationship with her now, really, but that’s not because we have any bad blood – we just sort of run in different circles."
- In other news, Tidal has announced that Nick will be releasing his new album via the music streaming site on Wednesday (June 1st).
KANYE WEST'S OFFICE IS BURGLARIZED
Grammy Award winner Kanye West was recently burglarized at his Calabasas, California office. TMZ.com reports that someone pried open the door to the building and made off with laptops and desk top computers. In all the stolen items were worth approximately $20,000.
- The equipment has been replaced and information on the computers were not hacked. According to sources close to the rapper, the current theory is that it was an inside job.
- West is currently working on a new album, Turbo Grafx 16, and preparing for his Life of Pablo tour.
- This isn't the first time that West has dealt with theft. On his latest album, he raps on "Real Friends" that his cousin stole his laptop which contained sex tapes and that he had to pay $250,000 to get it back.
MARIAH CAREY RESPONDS TO LEE DANIELS AND WENDY WILLIAMS
A few days ago, filmmaker Lee Daniels shared how Mariah Carey tricked him into being featured on her new E! docu-series. Carey just came to a scheduled lunch with a camera crew and had Daniels sign a release. Daniels explained during a SiriusXM interview, "I don’t know if it’s a wise idea for her . . . I was at the gym when I saw it and was like, ‘Oh Lord, what is she doing?’ I think it’s bigger than her. I think it’s not a good idea. I think the true geniuses have to be saved from themselves sometimes . . . She is very fragile and she has been through a lot. She has been used, she has been abused. She is misunderstood because she is really, really ride or die. She really will do anything for you."
- Talk show host Wendy Williams addressed Carey's venture into realty television during the Hot Topics segment of her talk show and agreed with Daniels that Carey was too fragile.
- Carey took the hating in stride and responded via Instagram. She recorded a video with Daniels where he admitted, "I’m the b*tch that’s fragile okay?" and then she playfully kicked him. Carey captioned the post, "He's the b*tch that's fragile! Don't come for us unless we call for you @wendyshow"
LADY GAGA RACES AT INDY 500: Lady Gaga rode at the Indy 500 with Mario Andretti this past weekend. According to Gossip Cop, Gaga was a last-minute replacement for Keith Urban, who was supposed to ride with Andretti, but was unable to due to a back injury. Andretti tweeted, "I hope I can just look ahead while I’m driving. I brought @ladygaga back safely to pit lane. Thanks @IRE2seater pit crew and @Honda for your support. Historic Indy!"
SOLANGE MAY BE PREGNANT: Solange Knowles may be expecting her second child. According to the rumor mill, Knowles may be expecting her first child with husband Alan Ferguson. Knowles has 11 year-old son, Daniel Smith Jr., from her first husband Daniel Smith. The couple was together from 2004 to 2007.