New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (3/24):
DID ZAYN MALIK HINT AT NOT ENJOYING STARDOM?
A previously unreleased interview with Zayn Malik and Rolling Stone magazine has surfaced, hinting that the singer was uncomfortable with his success and being in the spotlight. According to E! News, in the interview -- which was conducted back in 2012, Zayn explained, "This isn't what I thought I was going to be doing. I just went for the experience. I never went with a master plan, thinking, 'I want to be famous.' I literally went for an experience thing on the show and just hoped that…I guess I just got lucky."
Zayn went on to say that if he hadn't become famous, he would've gone to college and studied English. He continued, "I don't know. I think I'd love to be involved with it still, because obviously, we'll be working in the industry for an extended amount of time and you get used to it. Even if it wasn't as public or out there as what we do now, if it was just something even in the background, working as a studio songwriter, production, that would always be a cool thing to do."
- He added, "It's really strange, and it's hard to put into words, but it's almost like you know it's happening and you know you should believe it, but you almost don't."
ED SHEERAN CONFIRMS THAT HE'S SINGLE
Ed Sheeran has confirmed that he is back on the market. During a recent radio interview, the singer revealed that he and his girlfriend Athina Andrelos have split after dating for more than a year. When asked about his love life, Ed said, "I wasn't single, I was in a relationship for a long time."
Sheeran reportedly appeared to be taken aback and also sad by the question. The radio host then asked, "Do you want to be single?" The singer replied, "Um" before pausing. Another host on the show then said, "He looks like he's about to start crying —you shouldn't have asked that."
Ed then said, "That's interesting. That's the first time I've spoken about that." The host apolozied, saying, "I'm sorry I didn't know." Ed later said, "I didn't know you were going to ask." The host continued, "I didn't even have it written down, I just wondered. I looked at you and thought, 'He's nice. I wonder if he's with anyone?'"
- The singer and Andrelos reportedly started dating last year and were recently spotted at the 2015 Brit Awards.
- In other Ed Sheeran news, the singer crashed a couple's wedding in Australia and performed his record "Thinking Out Loud." According to Us Weekly, the couple won their dream $80,000 wedding via their local radio station, as well as the performance from Sheeran. Ed entered the wedding reception through the side door and said, "Happy Wedding Day" before performing his record for the couple's first dance.
KARRUECHE BREAKS DOWN WHEN TALKING ABOUT CHRIS BROWN'S BETRAYAL
Karrueche Tran, the ex-girlfriend of Chris Brown, broke down during her interview with Iyanla Vanzant when she discussed his betrayal. As previously reported, Karrueche broke up with Chris after finding out that he is the alleged father to a nine-month-old baby girl named Royalty. Karrueche also knows Royalty's mom, Nia Guzman.
During the interview, Karrueche talked about how she found out that Chris got back with Rihanna. She revealed that on Christmas Day 2012, she was at Chris's condo when he told her that he had somewhere to go. Hours later, she saw photos of Chris and Rihanna at a Lakers game all over social media.Iyanla asked, "Did he tell you he was dealing with her?" Karrueche: "Yeah," Iyanla: "He did? . . . You said OK?" Karrueche: "Yes, because I was under the impression that it was a friend-type of... not a friend, but it wasn't what it became to be." Iyanla: What was the truth you knew that he didn't tell? "I knew," she says. "I didn't want to believe it." Iyanla: "Huge Mistake." at 8pm on OWN. Click here to listen to: KARRUECHE TRAN BREAKS DOWN
Click here to listen to: KARRUECHE TRAN ON CHRIS GETTING BACK WITH RIHANNA
Click here to listen to: KARRUECHE TRAN SAYS CHRIS BROWN NEEDS LOVE
MILEY CYRUS SLAMS THE GOVERNOR OF INDIANA
Miley Cyrus has slammed the governor of Indiana, calling him an a**hole. According to Gossip Cop, the singer blasted Indiana Governor Mike Pence for signing the Religious Freedom Restoration Act yesterday (March 26th). The bill -- which goes into effect in July, states that private businesses and organizations refuse the right to serve gays and lesbians.
Miley took to Instagram and posted a picture of Pence with a caption that said, "You're an a**hole @govpenceIN. The only place that has more idiots than Instagram is in politics@braisoncwukong thank you for standing up for what is right! We need more strong heterosexual men fighting for equality in both men and women! Why are the macho afraid to love muchoooo?!?"
- On signing the bill, Pence said, "Today I signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, because I support the freedom of religion for every Hoosier of every faith. The Constitution of the United States and the Indiana Constitution both provide strong recognition of the freedom of religion but today, many people of faith feel their religious liberty is under attack by government action."
- Pence the noted, "This bill is not about discrimination, and if I thought it legalized discrimination in any way I would’ve vetoed it."
ONE DIRECTION BREAKS SILENCE ON ZAYN MALIK LEAVING THE GROUP
One Direction has taken to social media to thank their fans for supporting them amid the news that Zayn Malik has left the group. Harry Styles was the first to break his silence on Zayn's departure, saying, "All the love as always. H."
While Harry's message was a bit vague, members Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan directly addressed Zayn's departure. Louis said, "Been a crazy couple of days but know that we are going to work harder than ever to deliver the best album we’ve ever made for you guys! Your support has been incredible, truly incredible so thank you so much!"
Niall wrote, "Been a mad few days and your support has been incredible as per usual! This in turn Spurs us on to make the best music we possibly can and Put on great shows / tours for you guys. You are the best fans in the world and you deserve nothing less from us! The lads and I arrived in South Africa this morning. We cannot wait to see all you SA fans for the first time and have great shows."
- Liam Payne also released a statement via Twitter, "In light of recent events I think this is important to say. For the past five years now I've been part of something so special I don't think any of us really understand, something that can mean the world to people and put a smile on the face of our fans even in the darkest times. To a lot of people it's just a bunch of silly kids in a band but to the people involved it means so much more. This last week has been some of the worst times, possibly the worst it's something we are all deeply saddened by."
- He continued, "It's sad to think for the time being we won't grace the stage as five bros or have the same fun on a tour bus or laughs in a hotel together that we have over the years but I'm super sure us and zayn will always remain the closest friends. I guess what I'm really trying to say is it's far from over. When we very 1st became successful we all agreed that one direction had become much bigger than each individual member that's why I feel like right now it's ok to be sad and upset but I do ask everyone who is a fan of us to please keep ur faith in us I'm sure there's a lot more to come all love."
RUMOR: DID ZAYN QUIT OR WAS HE FIRED?
Meanwhile, rumor has it that Zayn may not have quit the group. According to Radar Online, the former 1D member was fired from the band. A source reportedly told the site that Zayn's alleged alcohol and drug use played a role in Zayn getting fired from the group. The insider said, "Zayn’s alcohol and drug use became a huge problem. He chose not to get clean and that is when they parted ways. They gave him every opportunity to clean up his act, but he just couldn’t do it."
- In other news, Digital Spy has reported that 1D had the highest-grossing tour of 2014. The band brought in $290 million in ticket sales from their headlining shows last year.
BRITNEY SPEARS SAYS HER BOYFRIEND IS 'REFRESHING' AND 'LIGHTHEARTED'
Britney Spears has opened up about how she met boyfriend Charlie Ebersol. In Spears' interview with People, she revealed that Ebersol is "refreshing to be around and really lighthearted." On how they met, she said, "My assistant introduced us. I saw a picture of him and I thought he was really adorable, and she said he was good people, so I went for it."
As far as the deets of their first date, Britney said Ebersol asked her "what do you want to do?" She continued, "I said, 'Cook for me,' so he made fish, mushrooms, avocado with a dressing, and tomatoes and mozzarella. It was amazing. There was something about him that made me feel really peaceful and at ease."
- She added, "He was really hot, too. Adorably hot."
- The couple have been dating for six months.
THE DREAM SAYS BEYONCE HAS HUNDREDS OF UNRELEASED SONGS
Songwriter and producer The Dream says that Beyonce has hundreds of unreleased songs. The producer did annotations of various lyrics on the music website Genius and dished some deets about Bey, saying, "We did a whole Fela album that didn’t go up. It was right before we did 4. We did a whole different sounding thing, about 20 songs."
He then said, "There's always multiple albums being made. Most of the time we're just being creative, period. We're talking about B, somebody who sings all day long and somebody who writes all day long. There's probably a hundred records just sitting around."
- In other news, are Bey and Rihanna going into business together? According to Hits Daily Double, Jay Z offered Bey and RiRi, along with Madonna, Taylor Swift and several others, 3 percent to assist in branding and marketing Jay’s new streaming company TIDAL.
IS TAYLOR SWIFT DATING RITA ORA’S EX?: Is Taylor Swift dating DJ Calvin Harris? According to photos via TMZ, the two were spotted leaving Whole Foods together earlier this week. This isn’t the first Taylor and Calvin sighting. Reports claimed that Taylor attended the DJ’s show in Vegas earlier this month and rumors said that Calvin chartered a jet to fly her out.
NICK LACHEY SHOPS AT COSTCO: Nick Lachey has revealed that he does some of his shopping at Costco. During an episode of The Big Morning Buzz Live, he gave a peek of the contents in his wallet and spoke on his Costco card. He said, "Oh, here we go: Costco card! Gotta have a Costco card. I'm a big fan of buying in bulk. Nobody messes with me in Costco. I get in and out of there so fast. There are people with the little samples, like, 'Hey, you want try this?' I'm like, 'Nope! Leave me alone. I got business!’"
KANYE WEST LEAVES CAA: According to The Wrap, Kanye West has left CAA and his longtime agent Cara Lewis. The hip-hop mogul will now be represented by United Talent Agency. Sources close to Ye say that CAA was not generating enough non-touring revenue to satisfy the rapper. Kanye's rep said in a statement, "Kanye West has the utmost respect for Cara Lewis, and has had a close working relationship with her for many years. The decision to change agencies is based on Kanye’s continuing desire to diversify and search for new opportunities."