New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (12/23):
DID RIHANNA'S DAD GET KICKED OUT OF THE DIAMOND BALL?
Rihanna's dad Ronald Fenty was kicked out of her first annual Diamond Ball last week. According to The Daily Mail, he was given the boot because he was drunk. Fenty spoke to the publication, saying that he just tripped over a chair and admitted that he had a few drinks. He explained, "I had been on the red carpet for the pictures, I meet a couple of famous people I knew go and talked with them, and then somebody left a chair and I stepped back and fell over, I saw my ex (Monica) look up, and within a few minutes after the picture was taken, security came up and said ‘we’re taking you home’. I said ‘but I haven’t seen my daughter yet’… and they said 'don’t matter man.'"
He told the publication that he thinks Rihanna's mom had him removed from the event. He added, "I’m sad how it ended of course, I should have never taken that first drink or any drink for that matter. I wish I had seen her of course. She will probably hear how I was and how I had a few drinks, so I guess she would be angry with me. I think she is, I’m not sure, we haven’t spoken just yet."
- He continued, "That day of the event I was really down. My other son and daughter in Barbados, Samantha and Jamie, were not invited and they were on my case about it and making me feel bad and guilty. Cousins and everybody on the other side was invited but why wasn’t Jamie and Samantha there? It wasn’t the first time either. I got really down and depressed and that was basically why I started drinking that day."
- He also confirmed that Rihanna put him in a rehabilitation center in Malibu last year to help him with his alcohol addiction.
RIRI'S DAD ON MELISSA AND CHRIS BROWN
He also revealed that he is not too found of Rihanna's friend Melissa Forde, saying, "I think Melissa should be old enough to be able to stand on her own two feet, of course come and visit her like the rest of her friends but she doesn’t need to be there all the time"
On Chris Brown, he said, "I don’t know what their relationship is now. At the basketball game, they just said "hi and hello. When we was going to the car park he was trying to talk with her but she turned and was talking to somebody else, so he came and talked to me and I had a picture with him. Afterwards Robyn said, ‘dad you really taking pictures with him though?’(sic)."
- On if he thinks Chris and Rihanna would ever get back together, he said, "Chris is a player, he ain’t ready for no one women yet, he ain't ready. He’s a party guy."
NICKI MINAJ AND EX HAVE HEATED TWITTER WAR
Nicki Minaj and her ex Safaree Samuels had a heated exchange on Twitter this past weekend. After a fan asked SB when he would share his side of he and Nicki's breakup and he replied, "January," Nicki took to Twitter and said, "Even when I try to protect ppl, they still try to take advantage of me. Haven’t u learned that God is in control? Stop while you’re ahead. Wanted fame. I gave u my blessing. I still love. I still love. I still love. I’ll always love. So disappointed."
She continued, "Told u It was the wrong move. I sheltered and protected u for years. Loyal for years. Come on. Selling vids? Cuz I’m happy now? Disgusting. Add up them chains watches bracelets rings cars bikes trex’s babe. Stop spending money to floss on IG. that doesn’t last. Love lasts."
SB fired back, "I'm doing interviews about my s–t and s–t im promoting.. not 1 thing said im doing interviews about nicki. Y'all sound ridiculous."
- Nicki then wrote, "Anything you don’t appreciate will be taken. God sees your ungrateful evil soul. I gave and gave and gave. Threatening me? Blackmail? Jump. 30K watch the night my cousin was killed on the street like a dog. More than rappers. But it was never enough. Don’t make me. Too much love."
- SB replied, "And speaking to some1 about pub and splits isn't blackmail. stop looking for pitty.. u handle your business why cant i? and its not Bout fame its about respect and you've had 0 for me the pass few years. the 0 respect u had for me at home had nothing 2 do w/music. i'm disapointed too.. ur doin something to me publicly that the public doesn't know your doing but your the victim cuz ur famous.. smh."
- He added, "It's so ridiculous that instead of hitting my phone u come on here.. i dnt kno what your talking about at alll!! i would never do that!!! were not 2gthr nemore im fine with that.but im not goin back n forth w/u on here.i cant believe were doin dis. we use 2 laugh at ppl 4 this."
- Nicki concluded, "I'm sorry. My fans know this isn't me. Hate this. But I'm human. I do so much. Too much. No man would have stayed loyal in this game like me."
NICKI REVEALS HER FAVORITE COLLABS ON THE ALBUM
In other news, during a recent interview on The Real, Nicki revealed that Beyonce was her favorite collab on her new album The Pinkprint. She then said that Ariana Grande -- who is featured on "Get on Your Knees," did her thing on their duet. Nicki added, "It’s very, very sexy, hunny. Her inner freak been coming out lately."
- Meanwhile, there has been an increase in the units Nicki's latest album was projected to sell. According to Hits Daily Double, the record is expected to sell between 165 and 175,000 units.
FANS MOB HARRY STYLES LEAVING STARBUCKS
Harry Styles was mobbed by fans while leaving a Starbucks in New York City this past weekend. Shortly after, rumors began to surface questioning whether or not Harry was meeting up with his ex-girlfriend Taylor Swift, as it was previously reported that the two made-up at a Victoria's Secret fashion show after party.
A source told the UK's Mirror, "It was especially awkward as only a few hours earlier, Taylor had been performing a track that is so blatantly about him. But they were actually fine. It seemed like they’d buried the hatchet. The drinks were flowing until 3am, when they snuck out of a rear exit five minutes apart to avoid being pictured together."
- Meanwhile, nude photos of Harry leaked on the net this weekend, however Gossip Cop confirmed that the pictures were fake.
LADY GAGA WORKING WITH NILE RODGERS?
Is Lady Gaga working with Nile Rodgers? A photo was posted to Twitter of Gaga and Rodgers in the studio with a caption that said, "Lady Gaga in the studio working on new music with Nile Rodgers and Diane Warren." Gaga then posted a photo of herself and Rodgers at a Christmas party, saying, "I could talk music all night long."
- No further deets on the possible collab have been released as yet.
NICK LACHEY TALKS HIS SON BEING AN OLDER BROTHER
Nick Lachey has opened up about his two-year-old son Camden getting ready to be a big brother. During an appearance on The Meredith Vieira Show, he said, "The other day we are sitting on the couch and Vanessa had her shirt up and we are watching the baby move in the belly and Camden is watching TV and he looks over and goes, ‘Ahhhhh.' He goes, ‘Shut it. Shut it.' He likes to pull her shirt down and shut the baby."
- Nick also said that Camden may be taking after him musically. He continued, "He's starting now as I sing to him, every time I put him down for a nap or at night I sing him a lullaby to him, and he started to sing along with me, which is really, really sweet. I can't tell if he's matching pitch yet but he's definitely into singing. Loves music. My wife, we are both big lovers of music, it's always on in the house. He kind of has no choice but to be a fan of music."
REPORT: MEL B HEADING TOWARDS A DIVORCE?
Radar Online has reported that after Mel B's rumored accidental alcohol and pill overdose, the singer is preparing for a divorce from her husband Stephen Belafonte and hanging out with a bad crowd. A source told the site that Mel was planning to board a plane with her daughters, from London to LA to meet up with her reportedly estranged husband. The source also said that at the last minute Mel refused to leave with her psychiatrist -- who had flown to London.
The source continued and said that Melanie is "openly talking about divorcing Stephen… she feels that he has been way too controlling of her life and is now ready to be free. It’s gearing up to be very nasty because Mel wants Madison returned to her in London, even though she is an American citizen. The plan had been for Mel and the kids to fly out of London with Dr. Sophy on a Air New Zealand flight to Los Angeles. The airline had been chosen as Mel didn’t want to tip off the media."
- The insider also said, "But after meeting with Dr. Sophy for several hours in her hotel room, Mel abruptly changed her mind and decided to stay in London. He had flown specifically to London at her request, to accompany Mel back to the United States."
- The source added, "She is hanging around a very bad group of people right now, and long time friends are growing more and more concerned about Mel. Daughter Madison, back in Los Angeles with her dad, will likely be spending Christmas without her mother, it’s a very sad situation."
IS JUSTIN BIEBER BASKING IN HIS THOUGHTS?: Justin Bieber uploaded a photo to Instagram where he appeared to be lost in his thoughts. The singer captioned the pic, "Aren’t we all just searching for peace?"
MADONNA RELEASES TRACKS FROM UPCOMING ALBUM: Madonna has released six tracks off of her upcoming album Rebel Heart, following her social media rant regarding unreleased songs leaking on to the internet. Madge tweeted, "X-mas is coming early! Pre order my album and download 6 tracks! Happy Holidays! #rebelheart. 6 songs for you now...http://smarturl.it/RebelHeart #rebelheart Happy Early X-Mas! ! 13 more to come for album 13!!!" The six records are titled "Living For Love," "Devil Pray," "Ghosttown," "Illuminati," "Unapologetic B*tch" and "B*tch I'm Madonna" -- which features Nicki Minaj.
AMBER ROSE SPOTTED TWERKING ON CHRIS BROWN: A newly single Amber Rose was spotted twerking on a newly single Chris Brown this past weekend at the Supper Club in LA. Ciara and Blac Chyna was also spotted in the club with Breezy. Meanwhile, blogs also speculated that Amber was hanging out with French Montana this weekend when she posted a photo of a pair of his and hers diamond encrusted watches.
- In related news, Amber recently said that she isn't dating anyone because she is still trying to get over Wiz. According to Hip Hop Hollywood, she said, "I’m not thinking about that right now. If I’m not married to Wiz right now, I don’t want to be married. I don’t even want to date right now, I just want to get my heart back together."
CHRIS BROWN GETS AT FAN WHO JOKES ABOUT SLEEPING WITH KARRUECHE: Chris Brown came for a fan that decided to joke about getting with Karrueche this past weekend. The fan posted a pic with Karrueche along with the caption, "Just know Drake aint the only 1." Chris responded, "You weak blood .. . real n*gga been done smacked fire from u." He later added, "Lol JK."
KARRUECHE TRAN SIGNS TO WILHELMINA LA: Speaking of Karrueche, the 26-year-old model recently signed with Wilhelmina LA model and talent agency. She announced the news via Twitter, writing, "So happy to announce that I am officially apart of the @wilhelmina_la family."