New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (8/26):
IGGY AZALEA REFUSED TO REENACT MADONNA KISS WITH RITA ORA
Rita Ora has admitted that she wanted to engage in a publicity stunt with "Black Widow" collaborator Iggy Azalea at the VMAs last weekend. According to The UK Sun, Ora suggested that she and Iggy reenact the infamous kiss between Madonna, Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears during the 2003 VMAs.
- Ora said, "I said to Iggy we should just make out on stage, kiss during our performance/ She told me that would be crazy because it’s already been done. Britney Spears and Madonna kissing was my favorite VMA performance ever."
DJ MUSTARD SPEAKS ON ISSUES WITH IGGY
Meanwhile, DJ Mustard opened up about his issues with Iggy during a CRWN interview with Elliot Wilson. Mustard vented his frustrations about Iggy's hit "Fancy" sounding like something he would produce, saying, "At first I was like, ‘Yeah, you trippin.’ I know Iggy. We know her. She used to be chillin’ with me, Ty Dolla $ign, YG. She used to be chillin’ with us. She knows the sound. She knows how hard we was working to make that sound and for you to go to somebody else or for you to do whatever you did, whatever they did and just be like, ‘Oh this is new and I don’t know why Mustard dissed...’ No. You know why."
IS ANDRE 3000 READY TO RETIRE?
Is Andre 3000 ready to retire? In an interview with The New York Daily News, the Outkast rapper said that he never wanted to reach his 40's and still be rapping. He explained, "I remember, at like 25, saying, ‘I don’t want to be a 40-year-old rapper.’ I’m 39 now, and I’m still standing by that. I’m such a fan that I don’t want to infiltrate it with old blood."
On the poor reviews from OutKast's opening night at Coachella, the rapper said, "They actually got André Benjamin the first night at Coachella, and I clearly saw they don’t want André Benjamin. He loves what he’s done, but I hate cages, and sometimes nostalgia is a cage."
- Andre and Big Boi are currently touring for their 20th anniversary. Andre spoke on his decision to tour, "Honestly, I never planned to go onstage again in that way. If I feel like I’m getting to a place where it’s mimicking or a caricature, I just want to move on. But I felt like: Let me do it now ’cause these kids in the audience, it feels good to know that they’re happy. I really don’t actually get anything from performing. … I feel good in being able to look at Big Boi and say, ‘Hey, man, we did it.’ Big Boi’s got these great records on his own, but this means something else for him."
- He continued, "I think people could see it at Coachella, the very first show. It was foreign. My head wasn’t there. I kind of fluffed through rehearsals. A few hours before the Coachella show, I get a message that Prince and Paul McCartney are going to be there. My spirit is not right, and idols are standing side-stage, so as the show started, I’m bummed. This is horrible. In my mind I was already gone to my hotel room halfway through."
ANDRE ON DOING FEATURES AND PUTTING OUT NEW MUSIC
On doing features with artists, he said, "I struggle with the verses. I don’t sit around and write raps, I just don’t. Now the only time I’m really inspired to write raps is if an artist that I enjoy invites me to their party. So if Future calls and says, ‘Hey man, I want you to do this,’ I don’t want to let Future down. I don’t want to let Lil Wayne or Drake down, because I love them."
- On putting out new music, he said, "I’d love to put out an album. I’m just going to call it honest. I know this may sound morbid, but I was like, if I were to die today, I have all these half-songs on my hard drive, and I don’t want that."
- Andre is starring as Jimi Hendrix in the upcoming biopic Jimi: All is By My Side, which opens in theaters on September 26th.
JENNIFER LOPEZ AND CASPER SMART AREN'T BACK TOGETHER
Jennifer Lopez and her ex-boyfriend Casper Smart shared candy at the VMAs last weekend, but are they back together? Smart debunked the rumors that spiraled from the candy exchange and told Rumor Fix that they are just "really good friends."
- The former couple broke up in June after dating for two and a half years.
KANYE WEST'S FATHER WAS A MEMBER OF THE PAPARAZZI
Kanye West has had several run-ins with the paparazzi over the years. And now, the rapper has revealed that his father was a member of the paparazzi. According to All Hip Hop via Kanye's deposition for a civil lawsuit against a pap named Daniel Ramos, Ye told the photog's lawyer, "My father was a paparazzo himself. My father was a medical illustrator, a Black Panther, a Christian marriage counselor."
Yeezy also explained how paps have helped him from breaking the law, saying, "The paparazzi watch my car and makes sure that cops don’t give me tickets. There are some nice guys out here trying to just feed their family."
- Kanye pleaded no contest to the lawsuit back in March.
MORE ON MARIAH CAREY AND NICK CANNON'S MARITAL ISSUES
People mag has reported more deets on Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's marital issues. A source told the site that MiMi's professional concerns may have spilled over on the couple's marriage. The insider said, "When things don't go well career-wise, sometimes you turn on your other half."
- A second source said, "There is a lot to fight over. It could get contentious."
REPORT: BEYONCE AND JAY Z EXPECTING A SECOND CHILD
Rumor has it that Jay Z and Beyonce are expecting a second child. A source reportedly told Hollywood Life that the couple has been acting strange and the last time they acted like this Bey was pregnant with Blue Ivy. The insider explained, "For the last month, Jay has been fiercely protective of her, just like he was when she was expecting Blue Ivy. He’s been doing everything he can to ensure that Bey is in a stress-free bubble. He’s informed their entire entourage that they need to use relaxed voices, mellow lighting and listen to only soft music, and he’s said that all of the food Beyonce eats should be organic."
- The source added, "He’s really doing his best to make sure that she’s as comfortable and healthy as possible."
MATHEW KNOWLES WEIGHS IN ON SOLANGE AND JAY Z ELEVATOR FIASCO
Meanwhile, Beyonce's dad Mathew Knowles admitted that the Bey and Jay Z divorce rumors were to promote the couple's "OTR" tour. During a Houston radio interview, Mathew said, "I know, because we’ve done this. From experience, there’s a tour going on. So you sometimes have to ignite that tour. It’s called a Jedi mind trick. The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot. All I know is the Jedi mind trick. Everyone’s talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange’s album sales went up 200 percent!"
The divorce rumors spiraled after Jay and Solange got into an altercation in an elevator after a Met Gala after party earlier this year.
- More on Beyonce, Bill O'Reilly has slammed the singer, yet again. O'Reilly compared Bey and rappers to past athletes while discussing racial and social issues with Ben Carson. He said, "You remember Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays. Weren’t they fabulous athletes -- I idolized Willie Mays. And what do we have now? What do we have now? Gangster rappers, you know, Beyonce. The most famous, you know, doing these videos that show these kinds of things to young, 9, 10, 11-year-old girls? I mean -- and it’s celebrated. It’s celebrated. You know, that’s the big change."
RITA ORA TO STAR IN 'FIFTY SHADES OF GREY' TRILOGY
That Grape Juice has reported that Rita Ora has signed up to star in two more Fifty Shades of Grey movies this year. According to the site, the first film Fifty Shades of Grey will be followed by Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed.
- In the films, Rita will play Mia Grey -- who is the sister of the lead character Christian Grey.
THE BEYHIVE WANTS KARRUECHE TRAN DEPORTED
Members of Beyonce's Beyhive have started a petition to have Karrueche Tran deported. As previously reported, Kae read a joke off the teleprompter about Blue Ivy's hair while hosting BET's 106 & Park earlier this week. The petition says, "Karrueche Tran violated the number one code of the BeyHive Law. 'Thou should never come for Blue Ivy!' In a tasteless attempt on a national syndicated television show Ms. Tran made a diss towards America's Princess of the Carter thrown. And we the BeyAgency demand her deportation effective immediately."
- The petition currently has 138 signatures and needs 100,000 signatures by September 25th.
SHAD MOSS ADDRESSES '106 & PARK'S' HIATUS
In other news, it has been announced that 106 & Park will be going on a hiatus for a week. The show's regular host -- Shad Moss also known as Bow Wow, took to Twitter to reveal that the hiatus has nothing to do with the comments made on the show earlier this week. He said, "Relax.... I just signed my contract w/ BET every tv show goes on hiatus.. We do this every fall. Gives me time to film CSI."
- He also said that he wouldn't have read what was on the teleprompter, saying, "Now, a brother like me, would I have read that sh*t? H*ll nah. Nope, wouldn’t have did it. H*ll nah. Nope, not me. Nope, not on duty. Not on duty."
ED SHEERAN SPEAKS ON MILEY CYRUS FEUD: Ed Sheeran has opened up about his reported feud with Miley Cyrus where she allegedly called him an a**hole at the VMAs. He told Ryan Seacrest, "Well, I don't know why people were expecting a high-five. I've never met her. There was a high-five between me and Scooter Braun because I know him, and that was the only high-five. I don't know what people were expecting."
JESSIE J DISHES ON NICKI MINAJ'S WARDROBE MALFUNCTION: Jessie J has spoken out on Nicki Minaj's wardrobe malfunction at the MTV VMAs during their performance of "Bang Bang" last weekend. She told Joan Rivers of Fashion Police, "I was like, what do I do? Do I help? Do I pull it up? I kind of liked it. She had both hands at least." That's the show-must-go-on spirit of a seasoned performer." Meanwhile, according to the Recording Industry Association of America, "Bang Bang" has gone Gold -- selling 502,000 units as of last week.