New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (8/7):
BOBBI KRISTINA LAID TO REST
Bobbi Kristina was laid to rest yesterday (August 3rd) in Westfield, NJ at Fairview Cemetery. According to TMZ, Bobbi Kristina was buried in a plot right next to her mom, Whitney Houston.
Meanwhile, the site also reported that a photo of Bobbi Kristina laying in her casket has been sold to an unknown media outlet for over $100,000. Sources say that the Brown and Houston families are blaming each other for the pic.
- The Browns apparently were worried that the Houston's might snap a pic of Bobbi, since it happened at Whitney's funeral back in 2012.
- Bobbi Kristina died last week after being in a medically-induced coma for six months. She was 22-years-old.
LIAM PAYNE WAS SHOCKED BY LOUIS TOMLINSON'S FATHERHOOD NEWS
Liam Payne said that he was "shocked" to find out that his bandmate Louis Tomlinson is expecting a child. In a recent radio interview, Payne said, "Well, obviously I was a bit shocked, but he's taken super well to it. He's very excited with what's going on with him at the moment and I feel that stuff like that happens sometimes. He's taking it very seriously, so it's all good." . Click here to listen to: LIAM PAYNE ON LOUIS TOMLINSON BEING DAD
DEMI LOVATO'S DRUG USE CAUSED A RIFT IN HER RELATIONSHIP
Demi Lovato has revealed that her relapses affected her relationship with boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama. In the September issue of Cosmopolitan magazine, Demi explained, "We started dating when I turned 18...Right after that, I went to rehab. People told him, 'You should probably leave. She's on a spiral, and you're going to be sucked down with it.' But he was like, 'I'm not leaving. This is somebody I really care about.' We relate on a lot of levels. I've seen a lot of sh*t. Sh*t people don't know about."
She continued, "People say that relapses happen before you use. Your mind starts setting up the relapse before you take that drink or that first hit. The times we’d broken up, I had already gone to that place of, 'Yeah, this is what’s happening.' I didn’t realize it at the time, but I just wanted to sabotage everything around me so that I could sabotage myself."
- Demi went on to speak on the friendship Valderrama has with her ex, Joe Jonas, saying, "It’s weird. In the beginning, I was like, 'Why the f*ck are you friends with Joe?' He was like, 'He’s a cool guy.' Yeah, I know. I dated him."
JUSTIN BIEBER RECEIVES EXTENSION ON VANDALISM SENTENCE
Billboard has reported that Justin Bieber is complying with the terms of his probation. According to the site, a judge said that because Biebz is following his probation, he has been given until later this year to complete the community labor requirements of his sentence.
Superior Court Judge Leland Harris made the ruling on Monday (August 3rd) in a hearing in Bieber's misdemeanor vandalism case where he egged his former neighbor's home.
- The singer has already completed his anger management and restitution requirements. In addition, he is supposed to complete five days of roadside cleanup, graffiti removal or any other manual labor.
- Bieber did not attend the hearing.
CELINE DION TALKS RETURNING TO THE STAGE
Celine Dion has opened up about hitting the stage after postponing her Las Vegas residency to care for her husband -- Rene Angelil, who is battling cancer. In an interview with Taste of Life magazine, Celine said, "René is a champion. I loved him all my life. I don’t want to sound pretentious, but I am his favorite singer and he wants to see me back on the stage singing again!"
She continued, "Life is not always perfect. You have to deal with it. Whatever life imposes — sickness, or whatever, you don’t have a choice. This is life, this is nature. But you do have the choice on how you’re going to go through this. And if you don’t have spirituality you’re going to fall apart before things happen. I am very spiritual. I believe in myself, I believe in my family, and I’m positive. Through this, you show your children how to deal with things, and how to be strong."
- The singer then said that she wants "to be remembered as the best mom in the world." She added, "I want my kids to always come back when they’re married and say, 'Let’s go see Grandma.' And I want to cook for all my grandchildren."
CHRIS BROWN SAYS HE IS NOT A BAD FATHER
Chris Brown has fired back at his baby mama Nia Guzman's claims that he is a bad father. As previously reported, Guzman has filed for full custody of their one-year-old daughter Royalty, claiming that Chris is irresponsible and is surrounded by toxic people. She wants to limit his custody to supervised visits. According to TMZ, source say he believes he is an exceptional father and plans to file an opposition to Nia's request for full custody.
The sources say that Chris will argue that he never puts his daughter in harm's way and has increased security at his home since the most recent break in. The sources added that Chris will say that he has never done drugs around Royalty and has never allowed "gang bangers" to be around his daughter.
The singer has filed his own docs to establish paternity so that he can fight for joint custody. A judge has not ruled as of yet.
DID TAYLOR SWIFT INFLUENCE APPLE MUSIC TO PAY ARTISTS DURING TRIAL PERIOD?
Looks like Taylor Swift might have influenced Apple Music's move to pay artists royalties during customer's trial period when using the music service. As previously reported, Taylor made it clear that she didn't want her music to be on Apple Music because artists were not being paid for streaming during customer's three month trial period. According to DnaIndia.com, Taylor said, "I had no idea what would happen but I just wanted to say something. I didn't really expect anything to happen at all."
- Eddy Cue -- the Senior Vice-President of Internet Software and Services at Apple, has since revealed that the company has changed their policy. Cue tweeted last month, "#AppleMusic will pay artist for streaming, even during customer's free trial period. We hear you @taylorswift13 and indie artists. Love, Apple. (sic)"
GWEN STEFANI AND GAVN ROSSDALE CALL IT QUITS
No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani has filed for divorce from her husband of 13 years, Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale. According to TMZ, Stefani cited irreconcilable differences in her divorce petition as the reason for the split, and both are asking for joint custody of the couple's three sons -- nine-year-old Kingston, six-year-old Zuma and one-year-old Apollo.
- Stefani and Rossdale issued a statement to People magazine, saying, "While the two of us have come to the mutual decision that we will no longer be partners in marriage, we remain partners in parenthood and are committed to jointly raising our three sons in a happy and healthy environment. To that end, we respectfully request privacy from the media during this time."
- The couple reportedly did not have a prenuptial agreement, so the 50/50 California community property rule will be used in determining the divorce.
- Stefani is worth an estimated $80 million, while Rossdale's estimated worth is $35 million. Stefani also reportedly sought to deny Rossdale spousal support in her filing.
- Stefani and Rossdale met in 1995 when No Doubt opened for Bush during the latter's tour in support of its debut album, Sixteen Stone.
- Rossdale told us a while back that it was love at first sight when they met before the tour started: "They said, 'We want to introduce you to the singer from the band,' and she came to the dressing room and that was kind of it -- my life was over, Cupid struck, whatever you say. And she went out of the room and I turned to them and I said, 'That was the best idea you guys ever had -- how long can she come out for?' So that was it, really. I think we lasted a few weeks and then that was it. It was out of our control."
- The couple tied the knot in 2002 after six years of dating.
- Stefani has reportedly been readying her third solo album for release sometime this year, while Rossdale and Bush issued their sixth studio effort, Man On The Run, last October.
WERE NICKI MINAJ AND SAFAREE MARRIED?: MediaTakeOut has reported that Nicki Minaj and her ex Safaree were married and have recently filed for divorce. According to the site, one of SB's family members claimed that Safaree received the divorce papers last week. However, reports are claiming that the docs are fake.
MILEY CYRUS DOES PHOTO SHOOT WITH RUMORED GIRLFRIEND: Miley Cyrus did a photo shoot with her rumored girlfriend Stella Maxwell for W magazine this past weekend. According to Gossip Cop, the singer took part in a "Secret Party" photo shoot and Miley posted some of the pics on her Instagram page.