New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (8/26):
A CONFLICT OF INTEREST HAS ARISEN IN KESHA'S NEW YORK LAWSUIT
New details regarding Kesha's New York lawsuit against Dr. Luke have surfaced just days after the singer confirmed to a judge that she was dropping the suit. According to BreatheHeavy.com, it has been discovered that Supreme Court Justice, Shirley Kornreich, who is responsible for tossing Kesha's case back in April, is married to a lawyer named Ed Kornreich, who is a partner at Proskauer Rose which represents Sony/RCA.
Just before this news surfaced on Wednesday (August 24th), Kesha posted a photo to Instagram saying, "No one can ever truly own you because to own you would mean that someone else owns your happiness. And no other person can take that from you. Your happiness is the best revenge. Stay happy in the midst of hell. Or. At least try. And know that you are not alone."
- As previously reported, according to Billboard, Kesha has dropped her lawsuits in both New York and L.A.
JENNIFER LOPEZ AND CASPER SMART HAVE CALLED IT QUITS
Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart have called it quits again after dating for nearly five years. A source told People magazine, "It wasn't anything dramatic and they were on good terms—it just came to a natural end. They will remain friends and they see each other, but they are not together. It was very amiable." According to TMZ, sources close to Smart are denying the split. However, People confirmed that they have indeed gone their separate ways.
- Casper and J.Lo have been on-and-off over the years, but began dating back in October 2011.
REPORT: ARIANA GRANDE AND MAC MILLER AREN'T READY FOR TITLES JUST YET
Reports circulated earlier this week claiming that Ariana Grande and Mac Miller are an item after a picture surfaced the net of them kissing at a restaurant in California. According to E! News, the alleged couple is not ready to place labels on their relationship status. A source told the site, "Ariana and Mac are hanging out. They like each other, but Ariana just got out of a relationship so no titles are being thrown around yet between the two."
The insider added, "They are just seeing where things go now and getting to know each other."
- In other news, according to Rap-Up.com, Ariana and Nicki Minaj will premiere the video for their record, "Side To Side," on Sunday (August 28th). Ari posted a teaser to Instagram with a caption that said, "#SideToSide video ft. @nickiminaj will premier this Sunday night on shop.guess.com @guess / @vevo @hannahluxdavis."
- According to MissInfo.Tv, the duo will also perform the record at the VMAs on Sunday.
IS A BRITNEY SPEARS BIOPIC IN THE WORKS?
Britney Spears is next up on the biopic list. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lifetime will be doing a biopic on the singer's life. The site says, "The two-hour movie will follow Spears' early career as a young girl from Louisiana, relationship and breakup with Justin Timberlake as well as her personal struggles following her parents’ divorce. Also set to be examined are her marriages to Jason Alexander, Kevin Federline and her downfall that saw her lose custody of her sons before she rebuilt her career and proved herself to be a force in entertainment."
- According to BreatheHeavy.com, production will begin on September 19th in Vancouver. The film is expected to premiere some time in 2017.
BRITNEY SPEARS ALMOST DROWNED IN HAWAII
In other news, during a recent interview, Britney revealed that she almost drowned during her recent vacation in Hawaii. She explained, "I went out and I thought it was like a wave pool, and I was like, 'This is so nice and refreshing and just beautiful.' But the thing I didn’t think about is when you come back, the waves really come in hard. I got sucked under for like five minutes. I almost drowned. And I’m like, 'Where is my security? They’re just going to let me die here.' And then I came in again and another wave took me under."
Meanwhile, Britney also said that collabing with other artists in the future is not guaranteed because artists' egos make it hard to work with them. She said, "A lot of the people in the entertainment business, if you try to work with them or set up projects, a lot of times people just don’t show up. A lot of people are divas in this industry. It’s hard."
- The singer later recounted when she met Justin Bieber six years ago and explained how she had no idea who he was at the time. She said, "He walked into my hotel room and he was like a kid. Literally he looked like he was 13 years old but he was 16. And I was like, 'Who is this kid in my hotel?' And my sister was like, 'This is Justin Bieber and his mother.' And I was like, 'Oh my God, I cannot believe this.' He’s very unassuming. He’s a very, very nice, kind boy."
- Britney went on to revealed that she wouldn't mind headlining the Super Bowl halftime show, saying, "Yes. I would probably do that. I would have to have a little support group, another artist of course. I don’t think you would ever do the Super Bowl alone. That would be kind of scary."
TAMAR BRAXTON AND VINCE HERBERT 911 CALL RELEASED
Although Tamar Braxton and Vince Herbert put on a united front at LAX earlier this week when spotted by TMZ cameras, the site has obtained the actual 911 called from their domestic dispute. As previously reported, Tamar and Vince had a domestic dispute at the Ritz Carlton in Atlanta on Sunday (August 21st), and Vince allegedly bit Tamar’s hand and then fled the scene.
The caller confirmed the bite but said that the singer didn’t need medical attention.
- Tamar, nor Vince has spoken out about the incident.
Tamar’s friend calls the cops after domestic dispute:
- "Yeah, I’m having a domestic dispute between Vincent Herbert and Tamar Braxton. . . . She claims that he bit her finger. He actually has left the property in a cab. . . . He left but she’s here. . . . Operator: "And you said she does not need an ambulance?" Friend: "No." . . . Operator: "Ok, we’ll get an officer over there."
NEW LORDE ALBUM IS IN 'PRODUCTION STAGE NOW,' SINGER SAYS IT'S 'GREAT'
Lorde has given fans an update on the progress of her second album, which will follow up her 2013 breakthrough debut Pure Heroine. Asked by a somewhat snarky fan on Instagram, "Do you think we will ever get another album or should we just give up on you as an artist?" Lorde responded, "Give up on me if you want to! . . . The record is written, we're in the production stage now. I've worked like a dog for a year making this thing great for you guys."
Lorde also said in her comment, "I write a record when I have enough special stories to tell, and it's all me, every melody every lyric, not some team who just start the machine up every eighteen months like clockwork."
- The New Zealand-based singer, whose real name is Ella Yelich-O'Connor, has not set a release date yet for the new disc.
- Pure Heroine spawned the Top 10 hit "Team" and the monster track "Royals," an international smash which topped charts across the board for weeks.
- Lorde at one point in the past year was working with Fun. and Bleachers guitarist Jack Antonoff on material for her second studio effort.
PRODUCER CASHMERE CAT ANNOUNCES ALBUM: Producer Cashmere Cat, who has worked with Ariana Grande, has announced his new album. The producer tweeted, "Hi this is the artwork for my new album. It's called Wild Love. The title track from the album will be out this fridayyyyy."
FERGIE'S DEBUT SOLO ALBUM CERTIFIED 5X PLATINUM: Fergie's debut album, The Dutchess, has been certified 5x platinum. Fergie announced the news on Instagram, saying, "#TheDutchess is now certified 5X platinum in the US. Thank you 5 million times over. I’m truly blessed to be on this journey with you all, and You Already Know I’m more inspired and excited than ever to put out this next one… you ready?"
PRINCE’S PAISLEY PARK HOME TO RUN ELVIS PRESLEY TOURS: Prince’s Paisley Park home will hold Elvis Presley tours in the near future. According to TMZ, the bank that manages Prince’s estate Bremur Trust announced the deal that puts the people who run Graceland in charge of public tours, which are set to begin in October. Although Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson is on board with the plan, sources say that everyone else in the family does not agree with it, due to Graceland Holdings’ previous financial issues.
CIARA JOINS CELEBRITY JUDGING PANEL FOR 2017 MISS AMERICA PAGEANT: Ciara has joined the panel of celebrity judges for the 2017 Miss America Pageant. Other judges include Gabby Douglas, country singer Cole Swindell, actresses Sara Foster and Laura Marano and Dallas Mavericks owner and entrepreneur Mark Cuban. The pageant will air on September 11th on ABC.
DJ KHALED TO HOST MTV VMAS PRE-SHOW: DJ Khaled is set to host the MTV VMAs pre-show. Meanwhile, Jidenna, Alessia Cara and Lukas Graham will all perform at the pre-show. The VMAs will broadcast live from Madison Square Garden on August 18th on MTV. The main show will feature performances from Rihanna, Britney Spears, Future, Nick Jonas and more.
SNOOP DOGG AND WIZ KHALIFA SUED FOR INJURIES AT RECENT CONCERT: Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa are being sued for the injuries that concertgoers sustained when a front row railing collapsed at their New Jersey concert a few weeks back. According to TMZ, 17 out of the 40 concertgoers that were injured are suing. The suit said that Snoop and Wiz yelled "Everybody in the mother******* grass bring your a** down here" … right before the collapse. The plaintiffs say that call to action caused the stampede which lead to the collapse. Three of the plaintiffs were employees at the venue, BB&T Pavilion. Live Nation, which owns the venue, is also named as a defendant in the lawsuit. They say the company had made shoddy repairs on the railing in the last year.