New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (12/16):
NICKI MINAJ PROCLAIMS THAT SHE'S THE GREATEST FEMALE RAPPER
Nicki Minaj sat down with Elliott Wilson for his WatchLoud CRWN interview series and declared that she is the greatest rapper among her peers. She said, "I think about all the female icons that we cherished and loved, and they never had children. Like Janet -- I personally love what Beyonce has been able to do. I want to focus on the child. I am the greatest female rapper, and it’s humbling because the people make you that. I wanna let the hip-hop culture know I take this serious."
Nicki also revealed that she was surprised by Lil Wayne's issues with Cash Money. She continued, "I was very surprised. I knew that there was some stuff going on, but I didn’t know he was so angry about it…Usually he’s so cool about it, and we have the same management and I always tell my manager, like y’all know how to work Wayne projects, because y’all keep pushing it back and back and back and people fiend for it so much, so I don’t think it’s that. I think it may be some other stuff that, as family, they need to figure out. And I hope they do, because I love them so much"
- Nicki added, "I’m not trying to say this in a cocky way, but there's a real thin line between genius and crazy and everybody in this business is a little f*cking crazy, including me, and I know that. I know that I’m a little bit off and I've never been able to put my finger on it…sometimes I’ll ask people or my manager, 'What is wrong with me?' and really wanting a diagnosis."
NICKI OPENS UP ABOUT BREAKUP
In a recent radio interview, Nicki got personal and revealed that she hasn't been single in over a decade. She said, "I've never been single for the last 15 years of my life. I don't really know if I'm single now, which is weird too."
Nicki then addressed whether or not the records on her album are about her breakup. She explained that the songs were written before she and her ex Safaree Samuels split, saying that a "song is like an argument frozen in time."
- She continued, "All of it came from a place of love because every single thing that my relationship was based off of love and there still is nothing, but love there. I mean, this is not some person I just picked up off the street. This is somebody I grew up with, this is somebody that . . . Like, I don't even know how I'm gonna function without that person in my life. Like, I've never lived my life as a famous person without him. So, I don't even know how to . . . how to really function like . . . I tell my girlfriends, my best friends, but sometimes I still wanna tell him stuff and get his opinion."
NICKI WROTE 'BED OF LIES' WHILE SHE AND HER EX WERE STILL TOGETHER
In other news, Nicki said that she wrote her record "Bed of Lies" featuring Skylar Grey -- which is about her ex SB, while they were still in a relationship. She said, "Everything was fine and in fact, we were laughing together. I remember he was like, 'I just realized this is a dis record to me!' And we were both on the floor crying, cracking up."
- Nicki also revealed that she didn't know she'd be performing the record so much. She said, "I didn't imagine that when I was writing 'Bed of Lies,' I was gonna end up performing it on every d*mn show! Seriously! Cause I was thinking about that today, I was like 'I don't wanna perform no godd*mn 'Bed of Lies.' But whatchu gonna do? I put that out cause I was doing the EMAs, and when we put it out people started asking for the song. And I couldn't perform 'Only' on these shows, cause the lyrics. But when I was writing 'Bed of Lies', we were good at that time!"
MADONNA VENTS OVER LEAKED SONGS
Madonna has addressed her unfinished album being leaked, calling it "artistic rape." The singer vented about 13 of her tracks surfacing the net and told fans, "Thank you for not listening! Thank you for your loyalty! Thank you for waiting and if you have heard please know they are unfinished demos stolen long ago and not ready to be presented to the world."
She continued, "This is artistic rape!! These are early leaked demo’s half of which won't even make it on my album the other half have changed and evolved. This is a form of terrorism. Wtf!!!! Why do people want to destroy artistic process??? Why steal? Why not give me the opportunity to finish and give you my very best?"
- According to Rumor Fix, Madge's forthcoming album is said to be called either Unapologetic B*tch or Iconic.
RUMOR: BEYONCE IS PREGNANT
Of course, the media couldn't close out 2014 without another Beyonce pregnancy rumor! According to In Touch Weekly, the singer and hubby Jay Z are expecting their second child. A source said, "She’s pregnant again! She’s been trying for so long, so she’s thrilled. And she’s dying for a boy this time!"
The source said that Beyonce plans to wait a while to announce that news, but "she’s got that pregnancy glow and has gained weight, so it won’t be long before people start to notice."
- The source added that the singer will "focus on her kids for a bit before she runs off on another tour."
TAYLOR SWIFT WAS THANKED FOR NOT STREAMING HER ALBUM ON 'SPOTIFY'
Taylor Swift said that she didn't know that choosing to not stream her latest album 1989 on Spotify was going to be a big deal. Taylor told The Hollywood Reporter, "I didn't think that it would be shocking to anyone. With as many ways as artists are personalizing their musical distribution, it didn't occur to me that this would be anything that anyone would talk about."
- She added, "But I could never have expected so many text messages, emails and phone calls from other artists, writers and producers saying thank you."
CHRIS BROWN WILL NOT GO TO JAIL FOR ASSAULTING A FAN
Chris Brown and his bodyguard Christopher Hollosy will not go to jail for an October 2013 assault charge with a fan in Washington DC. According to The Guardian, a judge sentenced Hollosy to a one year probation in lieu of serving jail time, while Brown was given credit for time served.
- As previously reported, Parker Adams asked Chris for a picture and the singer allegedly responded with "I'm not down with that gay sh*t." The two then got into an altercation, which ended up with Adams having a fractured nose.
MORE ON CHRIS BROWN AND KENDALL JENNER
Meanwhile, more rumors have come out regarding Chris and Kendall Jenner. The most recent rumors is that the two aren't dating -- but Kendall has a crush on Chris. A source told Hollywood Life, "For a while, Kendall was too young for Chris. But she’s 19 now, and he’s single."
- Another source said that the two are just friends.
MEL B'S HUSBAND STILL DECLARING HIS INNOCENCE
Mel B's husband Stephen Belafonte has spoken with the Daily Mail to declare his innocence regarding claims that he beat his wife. He told the publication, "Who accused me of it, did she accuse me of it, the police, the hospital, who accused me of it? No one has accused me of anything."
He added, "You'll see all the legal letters going out tomorrow. Everybody's been contacted by Mel's representative, all the papers, that said: 'I did not hit her, this isn't going on, that's not going on.'"
- Meanwhile, according to Radar Online, the couple has separated, but sources are saying the split has nothing to do with Belafonte's abuse claims. A source told the site, "They love hard and fight hard. However, those fights are only verbal, and Stephen has never laid a hand on Mel, and would never hit her. There is no cheating or anyone else. For the time being, Mel will remain in London, in a hotel, under the care of a doctor. Stephen returned to Los Angeles over the weekend."
BIG SEAN OPENS UP ABOUT HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH ARIANA GRANDE
In some recent radio interviews, Big Sean opened up about his relationship with Ariana Grande. In an interview with The Breakfast Club, he said about the pop singer, "I met her a few years ago at Wango Tango. When I met her it was just cool. She was like ‘I like your music’ and she knew 'Gang Bang,' she was like rapping 'Gang Bang.'" He added, "She brings out the best in me."
On rumors that Ariana demands to be carried around like a baby, he said, "That’s ridiculous. I’ma dead that right now. That’s not even true."
- He also denied that his song "IDFWU" is about his ex Naya Rivera, saying that he actually played the song for her while they were still together. He explained, "I vividly remember playing it for that person, It wasn’t no diss song." He did admit that after they broke up, he did go back and make changes to the song.
MILEY CYRUS ISN'T MARRIED
Reports have surfaced claiming that Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger got married during a crazy night in Miami. According to Life & Style, the two -- who have been rumored to be dating, "stunned friends" by getting married in a "wild secret ceremony."
According to the tabloid, Miley dragged her boyfriend to a hotel suite where a "little person stripper pal who’s ordained as a minister was waiting." A source added, "Miley whipped out rings she’d fashioned from rolling paper and screamed, 'We’re getting married!'"
- It was also said that Miley and Patrick gathered several of their childhood friends to announce their union.
- Gossip Cop has reported that these rumors are false.
THE BACKSTREET BOYS RELEASE DOCUMENTARY TRAILER: The Backstreet Boys have released the trailer for their upcoming documentary titled, Backstreet Boys: Show Em What You're Made Of. The teaser opens up with a flashback montage of the band in the 90s.
NEW BOOK OUTLINES POSSIBLE JAY Z ILLUMINATI INVOLVEMENT: A new book is coming out called Season of the Witch: How the Occult Saved Rock and Roll and it will reportedly outline Jay Z's alleged illuminati association. In an excerpt of the book, author Peter Bebergal said, "Jay Z’s use of occult symbols and the public response to that use perfectly encapsulates the locus of the occult in popular culture. For Jay Z, the images work to ignite the imagination, as well as to create rumor and speculation, which can only help to sell albums and increase internet-video page views." As author Mitch Horowitz explains, Jay Z is a sharp businessman and an even craftier artist: "I think he’s a keen observer of everything going on around him. He’s a master at using subversive imagery."
KANYE'S NEW G.O.O.D. MUSIC SIGNEE: Kanye West has reportedly signed model-turned-singer Kacy Hill to G.O.O.D. Music. Hill toured with the rapper on his "Yeezus" tour. Def Jam tweeted, "Vote up Kanye's newest G.O.O.D Music addition @kacyhill on @DazedMagazine 100 List! #10–>#1! http://t.co/fXSfP6r1tL pic.twitter.com/Zsg3q0Vai5." She also tweeted, "All I care about is writing good music and keeping my hair well conditioned."